ms possibility panic attacks at an all time high please help!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering with panic disorder n ocd obsessive thoughts racing thoughts.. I have been having a neurological episodes for 3 weeks now.. had Mri of the brain it came back with lesions in multiple areas.. I have a spinal tap Monday and other tests set up for March 4th.. during this time I'm extremely anxious panic attacks over and over.. yes I have benzos  I'm on but there basically just barely helping.. I can get over the fear of having ms and going thru these tests.. I'm so scared I don't know what to do..  please any advice would help

0 likes, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

• Posted

I do feel for you. Have you had a co formation you have ms. What's symptoms do you have ? X
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's while I sleep I get burning sensation starting from my head and goes down to feet.. it comes in waves every minute or so.. I get tunnel vision.. n my arms n legs get like twisted spastic ally in like a pretzel.. everything this happens my blood pressure gets really high.. like 185 / 125 sometimes higher.. then the panic sets in on top of it because I don't know what's happening .. it's so scary.. I don't know how to wait calmly for these tests to come back
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I do feel for you to what you are going through. I know it's very hard but try to stay positive . Have you had an eye test? Do You get any pain ? Is it one side when you have these symptoms? X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I got the burning sensation in my whOle body after I was prescribed Buspar the first night I took it I woke up feeling like I was on fire it lasted until I took an ativan. Are you on medications for anxiety bc they cause burning. How long have you had this? And how long does it last and how often does it happen only when sleeping? I have never had leg spasms but I definitely get burning sensations as well as cold sensations and a lot of other symptoms. When did the spasms start happening?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It started about 4 weeks ago.. I'm on Lexapro 20mgs.. Latuda 20mgs. Visteral 50mgs. Klonopin .5mg 2x a day n .5mg xanax 3x a day as needed for panic attacks.. I barely ever take the xanax though unless it's a really severe panic attack.. n yes only happens at night while I'm sleeping . It wakes me up.. I don't have ptsd either.. it lasts maybe an hour of more it comes in waves
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Does it happen everynight? Do you get the burning, tunnel vision, and arm and leg spasms together? I know what your going through. I have been having severe anxiety and panic attacks for 5 months and whole bunch of symptoms that scare me so bad sad
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I don't have much advice , but I can pray you will be okay and tell you to put everything in the hands of the lord and he will get you through whatever trials you are confronted with , there is a vitamin called L-Theanine its all natural it helps relax you , from the anxiety you can Google it ,and look it up on YouTube also .
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I want to help..cause I have bad anxiety..and I thought I had a tumor in my brain or something..but I stopped thinking that now I think it something wrong with my heart but my ekg came back fine and my blood work to..but maybe your is anxiety..I'm going to pray for you 🙏🏽🙏🏽
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Make sure to let your doctor how the benzos are barely working, possibly could be upped?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am sorry that people have made that difficult for those of us that need them to have a life.  Have you considered asking your doctor to up your Lexapro?  See when we are on a medication it can level off, and we need it upped?  Sometimes we just need it up because the dosage is not enought.  Consider talking with your doctor about that.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up