MUA

Posted , 12 users are following.

Saw my consultant on Tuesday and it's official I'm in need of an MUA.

I had my TKR on the 6th January and was doing great, at 7wks my knee was

nearly straight and my bend was 105. Saw my physiotherapist and she told

me my kneecap was stuck and since this happened my knee is perfectly

straight but my bend has deteriorated to 68.

He said that if he can't manipulate the kneecap loose he will have to open

up the knee to release it. So another little setback, but I will come out on top .

2 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had a phone call from my consultant this afternoon, and guess what my

MUA is scheduled for next Tuesday, it can't come fast enough.

Hopefully I will soon have my bend back.

• Posted

Glad to hear that you got your appointment for your MUA.

I will be praying that all goes splendidly well for you and that recovery will be a breeze.

Take care.

Stay calm.

Don't worry.

• Posted

Hope everything goes well. All my best wishes for a speedy recovery

Jannette

• Posted

Well today's the day I'm having my MUA done, last minute check that I have everything I need and am of to hospital

Will let you guys know how it's gone later on today.

Would like to say a huge thanks to everyone who has given me some great advice and taken the time to listen, don't think I would have coped as good if it wasn't for this forum xx

• Posted

Hi Glynis!

Sending prayers of calm and strength to you this morning!

Looking forward to hearing how everything is going for you!

Take care, don't worry!

• Posted

Am home, had the MUA, had physio and just a little uncomfortable at the moment, back for more physio on Thursday.

Bend has gone from 68 before & 90 after, I am over the moon x

• Posted

So good to hear all went well! Now REST and eat well if you can and keeping drinking water to rid yourself of any toxins from anesthesia/medication.

So glad to hear that you got immediate proof of success of the procedure!😊

• Posted

Great to hear!  Let me know how PT goes for you over the next week!  I'm living through you until I have my MUA done on the 28th smile  Rest up!
    • Posted

Hi Shannon, it's a week since I had my MUA and my bend has increased to 105, I'm thrilled to bits. I'm only doing pt for an hour twice a week and exercising at home 4 x daily the rest of the week, still have to rest, elevate and ice as the knee swells up after pt.

Best of luck for the 28th and let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

Hi Glyn so glad you are doing well that's great news. Keep up the good work.

Take care

Kim 😊😊😊

• Posted

That is so great to hear Glynis!  How long do you exercise each session during the day?  Very happy for you & I'm hoping to have the same results smile
    • Posted

I try an do 1hr 3x daily at home but sometimes I only manage 2.

My physio said not to do any more on the days I see her as she pushes me really hard, so adviced me to elevate & ice and take it easy.

I hope you get the same results as me, I'm over the moon with the outcome of my MUA.

Keep in touch with your progress xx

• Posted

Hi Shannon I too am living through Glynis. I'm getting my MUA done on 4/27. Little nervous. ....I think more about the ROM afterwards than the pain and procedure. I'm 5 weeks po tomorrow and my knee is stuck at 65-70. Just won't go any further. Good luck to you on the 28
    • Posted

Thanks Linlee & best of luck to you!  I kept thinking I could do it on my own & kept asking for "a couple more weeks to see what happens", but it just didn't happen, so I am about 15 weeks out!  I think you are in a better situation being 5 weeks.  Please stay in touch & let me know how it goes.
    • Posted

I also hoped it would be broken up using pt. My Dr and pt didn't think it would happen. I'm in alot of pain so dr said let's do it. Good luck to you and you too also...pls keep in touch.
    • Posted

Hi Glynis!  I hope you're doing well!  Are you able to go down stairs or ride a bike yet?  So happy for you!  I go in on Thursday and am hoping for your results smile
    • Posted

I go in wed for my MUA. I'm hoping for the results as Glynis too! Good Shannon. I'll be watching for you on here.
    • Posted

Hi Shannon,

I'm doing good, I can do about 5 stairs normal but struggle a bit after that, my pt has me riding a bike each time I see her, I start of very lightly then she alters the pedals so that it's harder to do a full revolution. I have fibromyalgia aswell and I had a massive flare up yesterday so I've done no excersises today as my body is really sore. I'm back at physio on Monday so hopefully I haven't gone back a bit after not excersing today.

Good luck for Thursday, I will be waiting for you posting on here x

• Posted

Good luck for Wednesday linlee, I will be watching for your post on here x
    • Posted

Give your body a rest for a few days.  It sounds like you've made some great progress!  Are you sore like you were after surgery?  It will be such an odd feeling to actually be able to bend!  I've been dealing with a seized up hamstring on my bad leg.  I'm just excited to get this behind me.  I hope you're able to rest & feel better soon.  Thanks for keeping in touch & helping me prepare!
    • Posted

No where near as sore as after the surgery, I would say more uncomfortable. I'm 11 days post MUA, my knee still feels tight after I've walked around but I still elevate & ice three times a day.

I'm back for physio tomorrow but don't think she will do much with me because of the fibromyalgia as I'm still in a lot of pain, this is the worst I've been with this condition, I've been in bed for nearly two days but I've still managed to bend my knee up as that's the only part of me that doesn't hurt as much

Regards Glynis x

• Posted

Hi Linlee!  How did you do today?  I'm heading in tomorrow morning smile 
    • Posted

Hi Shannon! Did ok. Painful when I woke which is to be expected. I was given pain meds and things settled down. Pt in afternoon was amazing. At the end of pt I measured 110! Little sore and swollen but totally different that before. Good luck Shannon! Let me know how you make out. You've got this!
    • Posted

That is so great!! Keep me posted on how PT goes. I'll check in later!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.