Mua

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well it looks like I'm going to need mua. If you have had this done, please respond so I can manage my expectations...something I was lacking for my tkr. Pain? Bruising? Activity? Repeat adhesion problems?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

I had to have a MUA back in July. Along with the manipulation they removed more scar tissue. I was in pain upon waking up in recovery... intense for me. After a few days my whole inner thigh from top to bottom was a huge dark bruise. Very tender and sore and also my quad was very tender and painful.

• Posted

Better now. My ROM is 109. I couldn't get past 80 before. It took about a week or so after the MUA to really notice a difference. I wish you all the best. It can be scary not knowing what to expect. I surely didn't know. Please keep me posted on how you're doing if you would.

Thoughts and prayers,

Tracie

• Posted

Morning Lisa

I had my TKR DEC 15 and MUA in March 16 due to bend,not reaching 90 deg.!

I did not like the procedure,through no fault of my own, scar tissue had built up and the pain unbearable when trying to bend. I had a spinal and I was on a machine for 2 - 1/2 days to forcibily bend my knee. I found this procedure worse than having new knee, the pain was awful and my anaesthetic tube came out of my back however the good news is that immediately afterwards on discharge my bend was greatly improved !! I can now reach approx 120 deg and I go to aqua swim every wk and have an exerciser a floor one, to help with keeping the bend.

I am glad I went ahead with the MUA .

Hope this helps regards

Janey

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.