MUA update

Posted , 10 users are following.

Had an MUA on the 12th April and was making good progress until I was taken ill with gastroenteritis and became an dehydrated that I was admitted to hospital.

My last physio was on the 21st April and my rom was 105, I'm pleased to say that after nearly 2wks of just very mild excersing my rom is now 115, my physiotherapist has reduced my appointments to just once a wk from today, to say I'm a happy little bunny is an understatement,

Glynis xx

5 likes, 85 replies

85 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm sooo happy to hear your news! That is awesome! Keep up the good work!
    • Posted

Hi linlee,

How are you getting on, hope you're on the mend. xx

• Posted

I wish I could say all is well. My Dr pulled me from pt for 2 day my knee was so swollen I couldn't bend it on Monday. Friday I was 101. It was so painful over the weekend. Did my pt the best I could. Monday I was 40! Did my exercises yesterday morning and went to pt I was 65. The pt person I go to jams my knee. I know it needs to be aggressive but he goes over the top. My dr wants my knee to settle down and I can continue pt on friday. I do see my Dr tomorrow.
    • Posted

Awe bless you linlee, you were doing so good aswell, try not to let it get to you, I have just proved it that even without the torture our physiotherapists put us through we can still go forward.

Keep me updated on your recovery

Glynis xx

• Posted

Hi Linlee.  I'm in the same situation...My swelling is crazy and it is so painful that I haven;t been able to do anything.  I've been to PT 3x now, but I'm so limited because of the swelling.  I go to the Dr tomorrow.  I'm hoping that it settles down so I can progress.  I bought a portable electric stimulator (TENS) unit & am hoping that helps.  Let me know what the Dr says.  Good luck!
    • Posted

Let me know about the TENS unit. I use that at pt. I didn't no that was something that could be bought. Def going to look into it. Good luck to you at drs tomorrow and please let me know. We can compare notes...:-)

XX

• Posted

Really pleased for you Glynis.

I think yours is the first happy ending to a MUA that I have seen, which pleases me as I may be on the cards for one!

I hope your recovery continues so well 

Tricia xxx

• Posted

Hi Tricia, please don't worry about having an MUA, it's not as painful as you would expect and as for pain relief I only took them for 2days, don't even take them when I have my physio, but I still elevate & ice at least 4 times a day xx
  • Posted

Glad to hear it Glynis. I had TKR ON 27 Apr and was violent sick and diarrhoea on 30 Apr at home. Fortunately it passed and just had my first pysio today - ouch! Keep at it!
  • Posted

Glad to hear it Glynis. I had TKR ON 27 Apr and was violent sick and diarrhoea on 30 Apr at home. Fortunately it passed and just had my first pysio today - ouch! Keep at it!
  • Posted

By the way what's an MUA?
    • Posted

Manipulation under anesthesia

It's to break up scar tissue that has formed in and around the knee. The dr bends the knee as far as it goes to give range of motion

• Posted

Hi Ken, my MUA was done because my kneecap had moved while having physio, so my knee would only bend to 65, so as you can see it works for some of us but not everyone.
    • Posted

Wow sounds scary Glynis. Glad all is progressing now. Ooh just had the electric shock feeling in the incision - weird!
    • Posted

My op was done on 6thJanuary and I still get these pains but not half as bad xx
    • Posted

Glad things r going well for u now😀😅💁🏻keep up the good work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.