Mucus with IBS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Short backstory, diagnosed with PI-IBS after a bacterial infection a few years ago. Had a colonoscopy as well which ruled out IBD as the cause of my symptoms.

Thankfully, my symptoms are fairly mild but have had a few days in the last 6 weeks or so where I will have a few episodes of diarrhea in the morning and in the afternoon have pain/cramps followed by small stools with lots of white/yellow mucus.

I know the bacterial infection isn't back but is this something I chalk up to IBS or should I schedule an appointment with my doctor in case it's more serious?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had PI-IBS and it has improved a lot over past two years but i do still get cramps, trapped gas and the odd occasional diarrhea episode. I put this down to something i have eaten thats caused an issue for me. I still have to watch certain foods as they can cause some issues for me so it could be something you ate as i guess our guts are still sensitive after the initial IBS episode.

• Posted

Yes, mine has improved immensely too which is why these incidents have really thrown me for a loop but must have eaten something my GI tract did not appreciate.

• Posted

Sounds like an IBS flare up which can be caused by food or stress. Try a food diary to see if a food is the culprit and monitor your stress levels. Stress can flare up IBS. Do not worry!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.