MULTIPLE LIPOMAS

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have about 30 lipomas all differing in size and texture on my arms and thighs. I have had a noticeable one on my forearm for about 7 years that I had surgically removed this year. The rest have appeared over the last 4 to 5 years and are mostly small.

I have been on \"Lipotropic Factor\" from a health food shop for the last 2 months. So far I have not seen a difference but, as with most products you have to give it about 6 months. This product was recommended to me by the staff in the shop but, there is no guarantee it will work.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have a large lipoma on my left arm which has been causing me a little grief lately and I am considering seeing a doctor about having it removed. Would you mind telling me what was involved in your procedure and how big your lipoma was that you had removed?

I have had mine since I was 14 and they have just multiplied since (Im now 36). They have never really bothered me up until now and am really curious about the removal of them.

• Posted

Hello,

I had 3 removed about 5 years ago. Unfortunately they regrew quickly near the place of removal. I probably have about 50 all over my body now. They do bother me a lot because some of them grow big and people constantly stare at them or aks me about them. Also they are painful so I can not do certain exercises e.g. resting my arms on the floor with all my body weight (I am slim). I don't generally like resting my arms on benches because they hurt. Doctor at GP told me that this is only a cosmetic problem and refuse removal. For me it is not. It is pain and ebarassment and I wish somebody finally found treatment for it. I have tried everything - low fat diet, sugar free, low calorie and know now that diet can not treat it. I also tried various herbal treatments but nothing worked. 

Don't be scared of operation. It does not hurt and it is quick. You get discharged from the hospital straight away. But bare in mind, they very likely will regrow.  

• Posted

Can you get a lipomas  underneath the fatty part of your arm where they take your blood pressure? I've had one there for years it usually stays up high until I lift smething heavy. Can they get sore from time to time?  I can feel it when I rub the skin under the fatty part of my upper arm . Anyone else ever have one there?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.