muscle fatigue/aches and travelling from muscle to muscle

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi  I have been reading this thread and was absolutely amazed that there is muscle aches and pains with other women writing here going through menopause.   I am 62 with Mulitple Sclerosis.  and it was boggling my mind that the legs were aching and paing just like i had just run 17 -  100 metre dashes.Thought it was MS but it just did not make sense(after 35 years i know my MS)...and then I had two days of Heart Burn like a Volcano and found this Forum and read about Heartburn problems and Muscles Aching. 

My question   ---  does anybody know absolutely for sure that there travelling aches and pains in their muscles are from Menopause-- I had to stop exercising as my legs were so sore....I do reocognize after 8 years  of exercise  it is the key for a low maintenance menopause

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have had it mainy at night, but when I started taking calcium,mag,vitaminD, and there is a few more that go along with them..after taking them for like 1 month it was gone. I had it for years also...I never had that and I stopped working out because I had that same feelngi your describing. I also started walking. gentle Yoga, and changed my stress levels at work. Hope that's helpful. Also, changed my eatin to more fruit in morning and protein...nothing drastic..but I feel it has helped with it over all for sure!!!
    • Posted

Marisa   I have often wondered how do you decide how much Vitamin D to take(or did you seee a naropathic doctor )...what you wrote about really helped me-nothing drastic just subtle changes across the board.thank-you for writing.You and I are doing much the same...I also take 3 grams (EPA and DHA)of Omega 6 for my Cholestral and overall stuff.
  • Posted

Ive had to cancel many yoga moves, many eqipment dependent excercises and prefer to swim and simple walking for the same reason
  • Posted

I can't give you scientific proof for anything to do with menopause or peri. All I can do is point you to the fact that many of us are talking about it. Maybe that's the first step.

I can only talk for myself and say I am more lethargic and not interested in thinking too hard. I have to push myself a lot harder to keep my eye on the "ball".

• Posted

Marisa,

When I went into menopause I didn't have the night sweats and hot flashes that many women do.  The only and big symptom was chronic muscle and ligament pain.  It was horrible.  I couldn't roll over, lay on my side for more than 4 minutes, walk normally, etc.  It effected every part of my life.  My muscles and ligament were constantly on my mind with every move of my body.

Then came the vaginal atrophy and dryness.  I was given vaginal Estrace for this problem.  I pushed myself to use it regularly, and low and behold ALL THE PAIN WENT AWAY.  Even the nodules on the sides of my finger went away.  So it's pretty hard to tell me that lack of estrogen wasn't my problem.  I had seen a dozen physicians of every type, had extensive testing, and even an MRI, begging for help.   No one ever suggested it could be lack of estrogen.  All I know is that I haven't had that muscle/ligament pain since.  

Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Hi there

I'm glad it's working for you. Do you take progesterone tablets as well. I've been on HRT 12 weeks now. A lot of things are easing but still have really bad headaches .

• Posted

Wow  i thought i was going nuts because i could not lat on one side too long or i would staft to ache.  You cannot believe how i feel to have found this forum.  Due to lying in bed last night sweating -and wide awake  I went to my computer and googled to find info on menopause -again.
  • Posted

Yes my legs and muscles feel like I've done a marathon a lot of days. It's horrid. It must be menopause. I also had really bad heartburn for just over 3 months. That is easing now. Take care x
  • Posted

Thank-you so much!   Yes  The fact that you are writing about this is proof enough for me.   Magnesium is something I am looking into as i even took it 35 years ago for my MS.  I am going to keep daily stretching exercises slowly and walking tapes slowly.....you can`t push the river .  

I thought last week I should have a MRI  to see if i had tumours throughtout my body especially on one of my three brains.Not for me no -big breath and slug it out.

• Posted

Yes, I am absolutely certain the travelling aches are from menopause.  I'm 54 and it started two years ago.  I'm alot better now after I starting taking supplements and vitamins and eating well but even still, when I exercise, my muscles take alot loner to recover. I couldn't exercise either for a long time since I could barely walk but now it's so much better.  I still wake up stiff and sore and it's just not the way it was. The doctors can't find anything wrong with me so I've given up on that and just take the supplements (magnesium, calcium, Vitamins, probiotics, anti-inflammatories, protein drinks).  Good luck.
    • Posted

Good letter,thanks.   You have no idea how I have gone with the loniness of these aches and pains to feeling that i am not so nuts because of these letters.  Can i ask how you decided on the dose size of magnesium and also what do you mean by anti-inflamatories.Thanks
    • Posted

I take calcium magnesium powder at night.  I put a level teaspoon in my cranberry juice right before bed.  That helps some but that didn't fix me that much.  Sometimes I take magnesium oil (which I make from magnesium flakes and distilled water) and rub that on.  Seems folks have good luck with liquid magnesium but you have to watch your calcium intake when you do that. Look that up.  Anti-inflammatories are tricky.  Most food causes inflammation. I would research good anti-inflammatory supplements like organic turmeric.  For me, I started drinking a good protein drink that contained alot of the stuff your body needs.  It contains probiotics and alot of nutrients.  I can inbox the name.  It helped me alot.  More than 90% better than I was.  Alot of people just need to take a menopause supplement but it's just a matter of finding what nutrients you are lacking and starting to replace them.  
  • Posted

Yes I can relate to this I have been having issues these past few weeks not only my leg but my foot as well seems like I had the muscles stretched out for a week and now they are tightened up like nobody business it makes my foot fall asleep and ache like the Dickens almost like it's my lower back causing this but I think it's from me wearing my flip flops it didn't start until I started wearing them this yr I almost gotta stretch a few times a day
    • Posted

Yah flip flops will tighten the whole leg as your foot is actually gripping the sole...I guess not a natural position.  Good sturdy shoes just aren't as pretty!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.