muscle twitching

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, Iam worried that I have something else other than anxiety. My muscles are twitching all over my body. Also have upset stomach. does anyone have this too.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

H Cristina

When anxious our muscles tense up and get tired, anxiety leads to lack of sleep and that leads to sore, tense, twitchy muscles.  Ever not slept in a day and your eye twitches?  It's uncomfortable but defo a sign of anxiety.

• Posted

Hello cristina its all anxiety related, i have this alot eye twitching muscle twitching & spasms upset stomach etc, Its all related to the chemicals released into the body during periods of anxiety, for me the more i tried to resist the feelings and symptoms the more they stuck around, try to ignore them or (sacrifice attention ) i hope this will help u as it did me.
  • Posted

I have had muscle twitching for 4 months now I have also now got tremors where my whole foot shakes and vibrates my fingers are shaking when I hold them out like a alcoholics would do and I have no clue why and I'm guessing your worried about the same thing I am accept I won't mention them just incase I have them everywhere from toes to head even my tounge has them my nostrils twitch the lot I think maybe it's caused from the stress of anxiety as I don't have panic attacks no more so no adrenaline I have worries still ect I realised though the spasm happen especially when I'm relaxed or when I'm thinking in deep thought the tremors last all day so this is the worrying part for me but It only happens more when you think about them try and relax and realise anxiety can do great amounts to your body it can effect anywhere and anything x
    • Posted

Hello, Stephx thank you for sharing your symptoms, I have always had a few muscle twitches  but now is all over my body but I only notice them when I am sitting down or standing still. I don't feel I have anxiety right now. I don't know why is happpening so much these days.Also my probleam is going on line ang looking up my symptoms and I get more worried by what I find like AlS. I hope this goes away soon. My doctor says I am healthy I was there last month thinking that I had a hearth probleam. I am 31 yrs old and don't drink  or smoke. as Im writting this my body keeps twitching. 
  • Posted

Hi I also have body twitches and often get stomach problems I think it's my medication though I don't like the feeling at all I'm on velafaxine 😏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.