Muscle weakness from Zopiclone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently had a terrible bout of insomnia. I was prescribed 3.75 mg of Zopiclone and advised that I could take 7.5mg over the course of a night. On the second night I took 7.5mg straightaway, as the 3.75mg hadn't given me an improvement in my sleep. 

The next day I noticed a significant change in my thigh muscles, they were noticeably weaker, for example going up stairs. The complication is that during that morning I also started a course of Sertraline (50mg), so it's unclear what the cause of the weakness was. 

It's now been over 3 weeks and my symptoms haven't improved. I discontinued the Zoplicone after taking it for 3 nights.

Is it possible that the cause of my muscle weakness could have been the 7.5mg of Zopiclone?

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi landavis.

I'm sorry that you have experienced muscle weakness, I hope that the discomfort you are experiencing will soon be dissipate.

You only took Zopiclone for a very very short period. I think it's highly unlikley that this would have attributed to the muscle weakness.

Lollipop

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.