Music

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all just a little one as i found this a great help today.

I went out with my 2 children for lunch then spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the house (i am a little OCD when it comes to cleaning) anyway while i was cleaning i hade some music on and i was singing and dancing feeling quite happy (not felt like this for a long time) the kids thought it was histerical mummy dancing around and their laughter is infectus.

I have finished the cleaning and me and the girls are chilling out listening to music that reminds me of times gone by and i am telling the children about my life (missing out the bad bits)

As long as i stay away from The Cure records i shoud be fine. some nice upbeat 80's pop is doing the trick at the moment.

Some thing to try it might help

Wishing you all well

Marie

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie

I was a bit naughty with my music last week put it on full volume because i couldn't stand the builder next door singing any longer.The house is being done up as its been empty for 9 years. I wonder what it will be like to have neighbours?

I also sang at the top of my voice i sound like a wolf in pain. But oh boy didn't i feel better for it.

Lizzy

• Posted

What a great idea I havn't played my CDS for ages I put on some Blondie,Rod Stuart and Beatles (not everyones cup of tea!) and had a bit of a sing song whilst cooking tea yesterday...How uplifting.

Might try some upbeat 80s next time!!

Andrea

ps shopping trip fine and Marie was it yesterday you went to docs?

if so hope everything went ok xx

• Posted

Andrea, I am so pleased your shoping trip went well, its these baby steps that lead to us getting better and moving on. Well done Honey

It was yesterday that i went to the doc's i have more drugs to try and i am feeling abit crap today all spaced out and werid hopefully this should pass in a few days.

The music thing is good i get a lot from music i just have to watch as some songs make me cry i was at work yesterday and listing to an album and one of tracks came on i just sat and cried as it reminded me of a love lost (silly as i am married to someone else now)

Wishing everyone well today

Marie

xx

• Posted

Marie

I think it is ok you get upset by old music I am divorced and re married so understand some things make you remember when you were really young (before children) I have to admit most of mine good times are with my husband now, music we liked...and still do, just finding out again ,thanks to you!! children are now 14 and 16 (in July 15 and 17)

How old are you I an female so are aloud to ask??

Have a great evening the sun is shining and tomorrow is a new day xxx[b:477db3102a][/b:477db3102a]

• Posted

Hi andrea,

I am 28 my children are yong 5 & 8 they are my little angels (well sometimes devils lol)

I am in my 2nd marrage we have been together 8 years he is lovely but we do have a few probs at the moment, mainly me and mt strandge way of thinking at the moment.

Where are you based as its been nastie and over cast in London most of the day, i could do with some sun.

Have a nice evening, i am packing up form work now ready for my 2 hour commut.

Talk soon

Marie

• Posted

Hey Marie

Have not been on for a few days. This is the first post I have read... I am sure I will read lots more later. I hope the doctors went well and you are responding to your medication and not getting awful side effects. You are the same age as the girl I work with at work (so sort of understand were you are) I live in Shropshire so in my opinion it is always lovely as lots of fields and open space.

Take care

andrea

• Posted

hi andrea

How are you, hope you are well

the docs was ok they gave me diazapan to try and get me to sleep more, it worked the 1st day but the 2nd day i staayed awake all night, my daughter was ona school trip and i was worrying about her. she came back on wednesday all happy, so the worry was a small price to pay for her being happy.

I lost the plot a bit thursday night i went out and got very drunk i didnt get home till 2am then after a hugh argument with my husband i feel asleep at 3am then got up for work at 5.30am, i have no idea how i got through the day. I am not even tried to night, it is quite nosie outside the house as i live near a pub and i am terrified that someone will break in i stay up \"garding\" the house. my husband is asleep we have made up but he is tried after staying up last night.

I have a mega busy week at work next week then i am done for 5 days, i am going away for a easter break with my girls sailing, i am hoping the break will make me happyer a good rest will help. my dad will be there as its his boat and i havent seen him since xmas so i am looking forward to some family time.

I would love to live in the country but i have to be close to london for work i find where i live in surrey is to far out of london but the kids are settled at school so i am stuck here.

talk to you soon

Marie

• Posted

Hi marie,

My husbeand works nights so i totally understand the idea of ' guarding ' your house.

Some nights just the slightest noise has me jumping out of bed and checking all doors and windows.

Think it's a mum thing with having 2 daughters ( aged 11 & 8 ).

Your easter break sounds lovely and always good to see family, my mum and dad live next door so no long distance journey for us smile

Didn't get much sleep last night, live at the side of a by-pass and they were doing work on it, from 7pm till 6am. Got to go to work in an hour hope i don't fall asleep !!!

Hope you have a nice day.

michele x

• Posted

Hi Michele,

I full get the checking the house i get up and check the girls then check the doors and windows then every room, i have had extra locks put on also. my husband gets fed up with it i get him to check things as well.

Last night i couldnt sleep and i ended up having a really bad panic attack at 3a this morning, i got my husband out of bed to sit with me for an hour then i finally fell asleep on the sofa. I had awlful dreams last night.

I feel ok this morning my husband has gone out hunting for things for his new bisneses adventer and i am chilling out with the girls.

I am going to take it easy today and take a big dose of Diaz tonight hopefully i will sleep, i really need it.

Your lucky having your parents so close, my family are all over the contry we hardly ever see each other. I miss them so much i am the eldest of 4 and we all have children and careers so its hard to all get together, my little sister is coming at easter as i am not fit to drive at the moment so she has the honers. I am a 2 hour drive from hers then we have 4 hours to norfolk the poor thing is going to be so tried. she is a police offericer and has no fear of anything (exp spiders) i wish i was more like her.

Have a good day today and hope you get some sleep later in the day.

Kind regards

Marie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.