musle cramps all over body, upper thigh cramps so severe

Posted , 4 users are following.

Cramps so bad in thighs,I can't take the pain anymore

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh you poor soul, you sound so desperate. However, I know how you feel, it is extremely painful. Have you had your magnesium checked? Another issue might be adrenal glands ( the small walnut sized glands on top of the kidney's). My cortisol level was very low but since it has improved, so have the cramps. My suggestions are just an idea and might not apply to you but at least you can ask your GP to rule these potential causes out.

hope you get relief soon.

• Posted

Is this entirely new, or looking back do you think you have always had an issue with things like not being good at sports, not keeping up with friends when walking, etc.?  It is what the doctors call "exercise intolerance". What you describe sounds very much like what we call a contracture in McArdle Disease. If you search for the AGSD-UK web site and look in the GSD Type V McArdle's section, you wlil find a page that leads you through questions to help towards a diagnosis. 
  • Posted

I find this very interesting what Andrewwakelin has suggested. As a child I was not good at sports, always last in a race and not able to keep up. History repeated itself when I went to watch my grandson on the school sports field, he too was last despite a great effort, I began to watch him more closely and realised that like me he is no good at any sports...not even an egg and spoon race.

When I was 28years old, I was diagnosed with PA, folate and zinc deficiency and started to realise why I had muscle issues, soasms and why I also had a problem with balance. Now I have multiple auto immune disorders with mineral , hormone and vitamin deficiencies and can begin to see that my current problems started a long time ago.

Perhaps it would be good to try and think back and look at health patterns before you got to this severe stage, maybe the answer and solution lies there?

• Posted

I had spasms and they were so bad I could not take it any more. So they made me a special brace, whilst it is uncomfortable (especially sleeping in it) it did stop the spasms. Can I suggest that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.