My 19 year old has on and off stomach pain, 2 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

My daughter with stomach pain has had bunches of tests. Bloodwork, ultrasounds, urine test, stays, stomach and colon scope, CT coming soon. Everything looks good. Symptoms are, feeling full soon, literal stomach pain, stomach hurts to touch by either pressure or something simple like the waist hand of her pants, occasional indigestion and a bit of heartburn, a bit of diarrhea, seems to not be food related, some days stomach sore all day, sometimes it comes and goes during the day, not necessarily related to when she eats. When her stomach feels sore she does feel like eating, so she's losing weight. Anyone experience something similar? We're not sure what to do, but it's affecting her being able to do her physical labour job, that she loves.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I would ask if any if it's an organ that is causing her spasm and reflux. My gallbladder case was very peculiar and got misdiagnosed for a year before they took it out at 0% functionality in a HIDA scan. After this, I realized a slow transit and gastritis event that lead to BAM and later had appendix removed when I thought it was another gastritis episode a year later. I can honestly say, you are looking into this from a different angle. Did you ask for an endoscopy ? That would find more because the esophagus and the upper lower parts of the gut are connected and end with the lower ( colon) so I'd just check a bit higher. One; does anything trigger the severity of these symptoms on a chronic basis? With bad weather, I've had no luck with my IBS C like condition and the flares from thyroid are connected to the loss if the gallbladder if not all entirely. Far from a common complaint but I'd look in to see a few more times if there is a food intolerance or a malabsorption issue which can have similar symptoms and also, IBD if severe or not can be chronic or even an infection might be in close proximity so a GI who does not question your requests is the best service provider. If not, ER may be the safer bet as they did my appendectomy on the spot. I know off and this sounds to be almost identical to an organ prone pain that is wracking her insides. I'd do the endoscopy and check into these concerns without haste. Be safe! Stay strong and have hope in relief to come.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.