My actual posterior surgical site has no pain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I even had to have 2 exams and emergency surgery. Why do my stitches mit hurt ? I am more sore from having tubes removed

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

When I had my posterior repair - my stitches didn't hurt either! Never did. I had the common draggy bulgy feeling from the swelling after a week or so that lasted till week 5. Other problems yes - pain from stitches no - never. Other describe it as sitting on needles, can't get comfortable sitting/lying etc. I was quite happy lying on the sofa! Ok to sit. Standing was an issue - but that's another story. I was ok to sit and lie down. Never had the poky feeling from sharp stitches - just lucky I guess with whoever stitched did embroidery in their spare time!

• Posted

I didn't hurt there either. Took pain pills for two days because they told me too. And was surprised that it wasn't hurting like I thought. Felt a little like a bruised behind but not much. You would think from the u tube video that you would be in agony. That goodness it wasn't that way. Glad you were lucky that way too. Sounds like you have been on a wild ride. Hope all is much smoother for you now.

Grace

• Posted

Also have gas but can't pass it lol it comes all the way down but won't come out. And I don't want to push. It's like butthole to tight sorry tmi lol

• Posted

I had repair surgery for bowel and bladder on Thursday and have had no pain what so ever, I had the surgery under spinal block and wondered if that had maybe helped me in the first couple of days. I need to keep reminding myself I've had major surgery as I honestly feel "normal" which is kinda scary as I don't want to do anything to cause any re-occurance . Was really expecting to be in agony.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.