My antidepressant

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok I've been on them for 5 weeks now!!! Just up my does again.

I don't want to get out of bed and I feel like I'm shaky and have zero energy!!!

Is this the meds or is it my anxiety / depression?? Please help

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kerri what meds are you on?
    • Posted

I take 10 mg at night. Thinking of uping it to 20 mg as I'm still having anxiety. When do you take yours? Make sure to eat with it.
    • Posted

Hi Tonia here's an extract from Wikipedia, I think it answers your question:

"Escitalopram, also known by the brand names Lexapro and Cipralex among others, is an antidepressant of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) class."

• Posted

I have to take mine in the morning as it keeps me up at night. Seems to be working and now that I up my dose I feel a little bit normal.

I did increase to 15mg for a week then started to 20 mg

• Posted

I upped mine today to 10mg at night and 5mg in morning. Will do this for a week than up to 20 mg. Does it make you sleepy taking it in the morning?
    • Posted

No not for me but everyone is different. That's why I take mine in the morning as it actually gives me as boost smile

Good luck !! Let me know how it goessmile

• Posted

Hi Kerri.

Sorry to hear you are not well.

It could of course be either and / or both.

I have had a very bad time since before Christmas and am beginning to improve, however, anxiety can wear you out and I often feel terrible.

Try not to worry and rest when you need to.

Hope you feel better. I am on here most days so message me if you need to I will always get back to you if you need support, however, I cannot diagnose or interprte symptoms, bit can always support. xx

• Posted

Thank you so much!!! That means a lot to me smile

I've also been bad since Christmas as well. Just want to feel me again.

I'm here also if you need to talk as well x

• Posted

Dear Kerri.

I know that you have been unwell for sometime as I have read the postings that you have previously posted.

I know exactly how you feel and it seems a long time sonce Christmas doesn't it?

Thank you so much for offering to be there for me too.

Lots and lots of best wishes xx

• Posted

Thxs honey!! I'm definitely getting better but some days are worser! But... At least I'm having better days!

Hope you are getting better as well!!!

We can get through this!!! Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.