My anxiety/depression has finally gotten the better of me

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm finally at breaking point.. It's gotten so bad that I've been left bed ridden, I have headaches and pressure in my eyes and face that the pain is unbearable, my eyes are so and puffy, I have a horrible cough horrible sore dry throat horrible ear pain and neck pain horrible chest pain I'm weak and tired haven't slept in 3 days my body aches I feel sick I'm constantly in pain I've been to the docs and it's all my anxiety that's causing this! ANXIETY IS A C*** I hate it so so much I've been started on meds so hopefully that will help, I just don't know how much longer I can cope with this pain

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds more like flu symptoms. If GP says anxiety I'd go with his diagnosis and take the meds. 
    • Posted

My doc said it's viral but my anxiety is a lot to do with it aswell😞 I'm starting my meds today 
  • Posted

it'll go away with time. the more you believe it will go, the faster it goes. just stick to what doc says.
  • Posted

I'm sorry you feel so awful. Hopefully the meds will help. Try to get some rest. Sending you my best wishes xx
  • Posted

Hiya Rachel, try 2 stray strong chic, this anxiety malarkey is a pain in the ass but we WILL kick its ass, take care and look after yourself smile xx
    • Posted

Hi Lesley thanks for your reply! Yes we sure will Hun! Are you on meds?xx
    • Posted

Hiya, ye been on propranolol 40mg twice a day been on that for about 8 months they did help the palpitations but recently they aint been working so well doc is going to try and get me of them soon I was started on fluoxetine last week the first day I took it I felt awful and wasn't going to take any more but I thought sod it just go with them and give them a chance so time will tell,, also on hrt, and lansoprazole to treat gastritis and a hernia and got amitriptyline to treat shingles, im a bloody wreck at the moment lol xx
    • Posted

Oh really? I started my meds today 50 mg sertaline I think that's what there called haha and sleeping tabs low dose to help me sleep x
  • Posted

I can relate to a lot of this just had to quit my job. I'm only 25 :-( sucks alot. I hope you feel better soon I'm here if you need chat always nice to have some one to chat to
    • Posted

Hi ruby sorry to hear you have quit your job I'm very close but got so much debt I can't. . Had a horrible sensation today it was like when u fall asleep and ur dropping off but wake up. . Was horrible then went really cold so been anxious all day about this... sick of anxiety.. just been to my friends and it actually went away for two hours. Now its back! Grr
    • Posted

It does really suck to be honest I wish I had some one near by just to meet up and talk about everything you know? Yeah gave 4 weeks notice will try to work two weeks of it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.