My anxiety is bad again. Just need comfort 😭

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was doing so well over the last couple of months. Felt like I was completely over the anxiety until now.

I know my eating habits haven't been great lately and was consuming high volumes of sugar for some reason but I feel my anxiety is spiralling back and I dont know why?

Surely the medication isn't wearing off, I've only been on them for a few months??

This is day 3 and woke up being anxious again.

Just need reassurance that I will feel better again and this is a little setback ??

1 like, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi what medication are you on and how long for? I suffer with anxiety everyday. You could try eating healthy and excersizing this helps me a lot. Are you worrying about anything in particular that makes you feel anxious
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Ella,

Some people find this strange but I'm not sure which ones. I know I'm on 2 different sorts. My husband works with the doctor closely and they wont tell me at this stage. I tried 2 different sorts prior to the ones I'm on and I would google side effects after taking 1 table and I woukd freak out, anxiety would get so bad that I couldn't function and would stop taking them. Not knowing was the best way for me and it got me through the hard patch ??

I've been on them for 3 months now. I think it all started because I felt sick from eating all the chocolate and my health anxiety started. Thinking it was coming back and I'm going to go back to the way it was ??. It sounds so silly while I type this but I can't help it...

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's not silly at all I also have server health anxiety I am.currently on beta blockers for the panic attacks and also 100mg sertraline I also go to cbt witch helps also. I really hope u start to feel better soon I no that's easer said then done but tomorrow is a another day try not to look at the bad stuff from today it can only get better.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It will pass, it always does. Diet can absolutely trigger it off. Lots of sugars are a bad idea. I stoooed coffee completely a few months back because i didnt care for the taste unsweetened and i liked fake sugar which is worse. Sometimes life gets stressful too and it makes it all worse. Same with the weather or any environmental change. We are sensitive folks. Setbacks can happen. The meds help thry dont cure it. There is no cure just yet. Just allow yourself to acknoeledge what is hapoening and explain to yourself this is no longer a way of life you are interested in. And try and go keep busy. Even the dreaded cleaning and laundry haha..just get moving. You can take all the weird symptoms with you but your body needs to understand you got this now so if it wants to act up so be it but dint allow your mind to jump in too. Thats what i do. I get angry actually i have had eniugh of it all and sometimes my body does its thing and i just get angry at it. Im like yiu i go on unhealthy eating habits at times and yep it returns. So i go back to eating better and drink a lot of water to flush it out of you. The only saving grace is that it does pass. We all know that by now. Its not a disease, its not an ailment its us and our preprogrammed garbage we allowed to develop into a nasty bully habit. Hang in there tomorrow is a new day. I will give you full reassurance this will absolutely pass. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much sweety! Just reading this gave me some comfort. Your right... tomorrow is a new day. I will get through today as I always have and it will pass as it has before xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes it will. Tonight before you go to sleep in the most postive way i want you feel feeling good. Take a scenario put yourself in it and feel good in it and do the things that bring you joy. You have to daydream this "feeling" good. The minds a fool it has no clue from fantasy, dreams or reality. So make it haooy and very real. It speeds up the down time. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi lind,  Its good that you confessed to eating unhealthy foods recently.  This 'may' help to find what is causing your anxiety.   Unhealthy foods can starve our brain of healthy nutrients that 'can' and 'will' affect the neurotransmitters in our brain by sending messages eg; craving for 'sugars', even though we are taking medication   Im sure that once you have returned to a healthy diet of vegetables, fruits (low in sugar), fish, nuts etc.,  you will feel much better in your self.   Try & relax lind as anxiety will feed anxiety.  Hope this helps wink

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Deb. I felt amazing before my massive binge on Friday night. I have no idea what came over me but I kept eating and eating, unable to get full and then by the time I ate a massive plate of spaghetti, 6 large doughnuts and a large block of chocolate all within an hr, I was feeling rotten!

Its strange, I never liked sugar until 2 weeks ago when for some reason I started craving it. I kept eating more and more until Friday night when I went wild over it 😂 I actually felt I was becoming addicted to it. Needed more and more. It was ODD!

Been sick for 3 days now which has triggered my anxiety.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh my, we can ALL relate to those binges that take us by storm lind.  AWFUL isnt it..  Hopefully you can have things on hand when those little messages hit our thoughts..  nuts replace the chocolate bars, soda water rather than sugar fizzy drinks..  I know the meds can throw our eating patterns out of whack, but Im trying the apple cider vinegar 30ml, diluted in water to make the stomach feel full.  Im pleased with the results lind as Ive lost 1kg in 5 days lol  Exercise, healthy eating & determination is showing good results xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That will do it haha. That will. Thats funny. you have to laugh at that a little.  I have done that myself. Your body wants no part of that anymore not all at once. You see most  are worried about the calories, not us we deal with the reprecussions of feeling like crap for a few days. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Haha ???????? my husband was watching me and thinking... WHAT THE? ?? He was like "are you pregnant or something" (I wish), "you need to stop eating!" ?? My stomach bloated so badly, got diarrhea and felt like I was going to be sick but... still hungry! Sugar is a terrible thing and I'm giggling about it now I think about it ??

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up