My anxiety is driving me insane! Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer with bad anxiety and slight depression, and this week has just been awful non stop. I have been living alone all summer, I'm only 19 and have been fine up to this week, I feel lonely and depressed. My chest is very tight and has a pressured feeling, I've been dizzy and I keep waking up in the night with a racing heart. Is this normal for anxiety disorder? I have never had sleep troubles but all my other symptoms are normally what I get when I have bad anxiety. I just want it to end, I feel it's never going to stop at this point. Anyone feel the same,

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Those symptoms are the norm for anxiety and panic attacks. Back in October, I had the worst panic attack ever, it lasted around a week and it felt like I had fallen in a giant dark hole, and that it was impossible to ever climb out. I'm typing this now quite happy and relaxed. It can ONLY get better, try to relax with some chamomile tea, distract yourself with your favourite tv shows, books, movies etc (I know it feels like they are the last things you want to focus on, but trust me, they provide good distractions.) Put the radio on when you go to bed, a station with a lot of talking helps best, because it feels like you are engaged, which helps distract from the anxiety, just play it quietly. It's normal to feel lonely, especially as you live alone, but one of the best things for anxiety and depression is to chat to somebody who can understand how you feel, and who can help you proccess these feelings. I've dealt with anxiety, depression and OCD. If you need to talk, reply at any time or drop me a private message. Never tackle mental health problems on your own, there are many people who have been or are in the same boat as you, and sharing experiences is a great start on the road to recovery smile
  • Posted

Go outside to the mall or something to be around people. For me, its worse when I am isolated and it sounds like you have been isolated for quite a while. So if possible call up a friend and hang out or just go somewhere that has lots of people and it might help. 
    • Posted

you hit the nail on the head with the comment about getting out and being around people. That feeling of isolation is what causes my issues... it's the root of everything. The problem for me is that when i am feeling this way I usually don't feel like being around people because i dont want to have to fake smile and pretend I am fine. Doing that makes things worse for me actually. So it's a tough thing to deal with. 

• Posted

You are not alone. Are you allowed to have a pet? Some places dont minf amd other do. Maybe a little kitten would be nice. I figure you are working or going to college so a dog might be too much as they require a lot more time. But sometimes having a little companion is enough to remove the lonliness feeling. 
    • Posted

I have a two year old, and I work full time. So I'm defiantly not alone all tho I feel alone dealing with aniexty. I have chest discomfort I feel like 24/7, I've had 4 ekgs blood work and a stress test. Everything came back good. Just have my mind set that somethingn is wrong with my heart even tho my doctor assured me my heart is fine. But aniexty has a tight hold on me
  • Posted

Yes I do feel exactly the same. I've been struggling with this feeling for about 4 months now. Some days are better than othes but it seems like I wake up and start each day with that feeling in the chest. I am now taking meds but honestly they do not seem to help all that much...maybe they take the edge off a little which sometimes is good enough to make it through. 

I hope you are feeling better. Are you taking anything for this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.