my Anxiety is Higher in the Mornings and at Night

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone have the same problem as I do. I feel my anxiety kicks in first thing in the morning and then after dark in the evenings. I haven't had any form of anxiety until just recently that I'm aware of. I have been on my meds for going on a month. I know it does take some time and I know When I usually post here I seem to repeat my self of why I'm feeling.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Are you less distracted in the morning and nights? It might be you start thinking about it and it makes you think more. If your days are busy you have less time to focus on anxiety doing the day.
  • Posted

Absolutely! I think it may have something to do with adrenaline. I have the same problem. Once your stress levels even out you will experience less anxiety in the mornings. When we worry it screws up our levels

Hope this helps!

• Posted

Thank you Patty. My kids are out of school for the summer so now I have that on top of dealing with my anxiety. I am trying to balance it all.
    • Posted

My first experience with this was when my kids were little. They kept me busy and helped me keep my mind off of things. There is a website called recovery international. It will give you tools to help you change your way of thinking. Give it a try! It saved my life!
    • Posted

Where are you from?
  • Posted

My anxiety is mostly random apart from the morning when I wake up at first  I always feel anxious then.

Try to keep busy in the evenings to distract yourself

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Anxiety kicks in more when your mind has little distractions so people tend to struggle more at night. Panic disorder which sounds more of what you described makes u scared of the dark.

You can beat it without meds, i did it and i was told that i was very obssevive. Meaning its harder for people who can't stop thinking about it.

Most people beat this condition and if you focus on this you will stop in soon. You had control before, you will soon. Its important to keep your routine because if your doing to many changes that it self will remind you more.

To sleep better make your body tired.

Work out. Its ok to take stuff to relax u on the worse days. Only on the worse days.

Sometimes it feels impossible to not think about it.

Find something very engaging. If you are introverted start socializing more .

The key is to try to give your self less time to think.

Its not about not facing your fears but its doesn't take half your day to think about it. You should think about it less then a half hour a day. Say to yourself self I am been irrational cause anxiety fills me with fear. The rest should be your daily task.

Thats why people feel they need company during anxiety, cause it keeps them distracted.

Your body is very sensitive to your thoughts and right now is easy for you to put it in panic.

Try to ignore your body symptoms by working out.

Don't feel guilty or sad , having this so common as you can see on this blogs. I suggest you to not spend to much time on this blogs.

• Posted

Hi Danielle. Yep my anxiety is always worse in the morning. Its very common when suffering depression. Jo x
    • Posted

Mine is bad in the mornings and evenings. Its even worse when I know my husband has to work at night. I dislike being home by myself with the kids. I didn't use to be this bad. Bit I'm slowly getting better. Just have to over come this.
  • Posted

I get it horribly in the morning. It holds me prisoner until about 3 pm and then I get better. I've heard it might be related to blood sugar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.