My anxiety is overwhelming at times

Posted , 3 users are following.

When I get my panic attack/ anxiety I start too check my pulse and tend too feel uncomfortable like if something is wrong with me. I know it's weird and common but I tend too have the fear of death and I know I shouldn't think about it but for some odd reason I do. At times I have the fear of gettin a heart attack and I've gone too a doctor and I'm perfectly fine. Doctor recommended me on some meds called Xanax I hear it helps with anxiety. There are times when my anxiety is really strong and I start too feel scared like If I'm dying but I'm not. I am going too take the meds the doctor recommended me and see if it helps.To those of you who have anxiety I feel your pain and it is very hard too calm down when you get one. Only people who have experienced it only know the true feeling. If you have any methods too help please let me know?

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service .

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

The xanax will help calm you down. What mg did doc give you? 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I know exactly what u mean i have panic attacks to. For me i check my breathing and its hard to sleep. Im sufferin from bad health anxiety its a pain ans really scary keep thinkin something really bad is going to happen. Hope u get past this and ur meds work. Im hoping mine do soon im on my 2nd wewk of citalopram 20mg. Anyways chin up
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up