My anxiety update...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well I started Zoloft 25 mg two weeks ago and I have found that my anxiety has been better yet I'm very nervous at times and get nauseas when my mind starts to race but it's not that crippling anxiety which I guess is good. I felt sort of depressed though, I'm upset, my thoughts aren't making sense, I still just don't feel right and I'm not happy. I feel sort of lost.. And like I'm trying to find my way back and sometimes I think I'm getting somewhere then I don't.. I don't know if this is normal. I'm going up on a higher dose, maybe that will change things? I'm just not at all where I wanna be yet sad What a long haul it's been.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I know if only there was a magic pill eh! It was explained to me getting better is like a rollacoaster you go up and down but eventually as long as you keep doing things with meaning it eventually evens out I hope this helps
  • Posted

Hi Karlee

Like any AD you will have up and down days to start with.  It will take a good while to feel back to your own self.  I started on Citalopram back in July and started feeling a bit better after a few weeks but looking back it was October when I felt the full effect of the drug.  I know this sounds a long time but for instance I went on a weekend away end of July and a holiday at the end of August, something I NEVER could have done before I started taking the meds.  I'm not saying I didn't have the odd moment of anxiety but I dealt with it and coped.  My birthday on 18th October I still felt quite anxious but the following week I definitely experienced a break through.  In fact on my birthday night even though I didn't feel anxious I remember crying and telling my husband and friend I felt lost and like I didn't know myself anymore.  I feel very different now.  I feel much more sure and back to confident about who I am and where I'm going.  So in answer to your question YES it will change, it just takes time and a bit of patience with the meds and most of all yourself.  Don't be too hard on yourself, take every day as it comes, if you have one bad day don't beat yourself up about it, it's normal.  You WILL get there, you've started your journey to feel better and you will reach the end xxx

• Posted

This really gives me hope!!! Thanks for sharing I love hearing these wonderful success stories I'm so happy for you <3>
    • Posted

You will also be a success story, have faith.  I've been struggling with anxiety, panic attacks on and off since I was 18, now I'm 40.  Part of my nature I guess.  I'm very lucky that number one the meds work for me and number two I always have faith I can get through it.  You have to remember that this illness robs us of confidence and faith in ourselves.  So even when the meds start to work there is always that doubt at the back of your mind, telling you that you can't do this or that, worrying how you will be in certain situations.  I'm now at that stage where I can do anything, I still have the odd moment of very mild anxiety but the difference is now I know it will pass and I will get through it.  More importantly I have that inner peace back, I can enjoy lazy Sunday afternoons or shopping with my kids again.
  • Posted

I'm in the same boat been on loads of AD for GAD can't seem to find one that works for me now just starting on amitriptyline but this has been going on since March last year swapping and changing just want to feel well again but I wish you the very best you probably need to go up 50mg
    • Posted

My doctor has me going up to 25 mg and half of one of those for two weeks and seeing how that makes me feel.. Then if all goes well up to 50 mg
    • Posted

I was on 50mg made me a little spaced out for a week then it calmed down good luck x
    • Posted

No I was on 50mg for 3-4 months never did nothing for my anxiety at a point now nothing will work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.