My battle & what to try next

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im 35 married just about ! I have bin battling anxeity for all my adult life but only just realised the extent of the damage it has caused to me and my wife.My doctor told me I has very bad anxeity and I was put on CBT & citropram 20mg .The pills i tried for 6 weeks and did help lots with my illness but made me feel like a lifeless zombie! I have almost lost my wife because of a gambling addiction that  I beat over a year ago plus on top of my anxiety. I am now paying for a priv councillor and trying to rescue my marrage.I want to try medication again but id like to know if anyone felt the same on citropram, I feel like ive had enough of anxeity ruining my life and want help just dont know the best way. \thanks for any help . andrew

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's great that you're trying so hard to improve your marriage! I think that you should definitely talk to a doctor/psychiatrist and let them know the positives and negatives you felt while on citalopram. Maybe they can find a better medication for you.
  • Posted

Hi, anti depressant's can take up to six weeks to work, if you were having side effects badly on citropram your Dr may suggest something else. Citalopram is a ssri (selective serotonin 're uptake inhibitors). Fluoxetine, escitalopram are also in the group.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.