My bones are very painful and my skin is driving me nuts.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a partial hystrectomy in 2007 and have one ovary.  I have had hot flashes for years. The last two weeks my bones are achy, exetreme aches I am miserable. Any suggestions would be so welcomed.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie, have you tried Glucosamine & MSM? This helped me. I also took calcium pills which my doctor suggested with Vitamin D3. Magnesium also helps. I never took magnesium, I just took the Glucosamine with Chondritin, and Calcium w/ vd3 I was well after a week. Mind you if you get these make sure you buy a high quality pills. Also, when buying calcium Oyster calcium is the one my doctor prescribed.

As for  my skin I took an otc antihistamine. However, is your skin itchy? If it is you need to find what is causing it. It means you're reacting to something that your skin can't tolerate. For me it was my detergent used on my bedsheets. Other ladies here have found it was the soap they were using, or using latex, another lady was allergic to the acetone being used in her nail salon. So if this is the issue for you as well, then you need to find the cuprit. 

• Posted

how frequently should calcium tablets be taken ? my last doc told me every alternate week.

my homeopathic doc told me we shouldnt take them at all- in olden times in villages the women used to take till seeds ( sesame)                                                         

• Posted

The sesame seeds are a good idea except that you need more than 88 grams of calcium from the seeds. I was given by my doctor, oyster calcium also call coral calcium 250 mg daily and 10,000IU of Vitamin D3 for two straight days in a week. When I stopped taking the calcium I felt my bones hurt and as if I were walking on my bones too. I just recently started taking the oyster calcium again and I feel so much better. I take it everyday until I feel the pain goes away, then I take it just when I think I might be feeling like I need it. Maybe twice a week.

I love sesame seeds, but if you want to eat them you need a minimum of 250 mg which is equivalent to 3 tablespoons which is a lot if you don't have anything to eat it with. I just read that chia seeds provide similar equivalents with just 3.5 oz. which is less than a tablespoon. This might be a better option since it's easy to make a chia drink. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.