My boss is never nice and I always feel on edge around him? What do I do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys

I hope all is well.

I'm a 26 year old guy and recently I took a part time job while studying as a construction labour. Unfortunately my manager treats me with great rudeness and content all the time.

This is causing me to feel inadequate depressed and unable to prove my worth to him.

How do I get out of this feeling and not get scared when he's around me?

2 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Get another job
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Don’t give him that power over you. Maybe try to find out why he behaved that way. Possibly he has a terrible life or an even worse boss over him. Shower him with kindness. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Not sure why you feel the need to 'prove your worth to him'. He's your boss, not someone you necessarily rely on for validation. As long as the paychecks keep coming and he's not UNhappy with your work, don't fret about it. Look for validation from the people you love.

I know, it's always easier if you get along with your boss-and I have good bosses now. But I've also had bad ones in the past. Most of them were bad because of personality problems and they ALL eventually got fired for it themselves. But relax, do you job, take home your paycheck and focus on the ones you love. You'll have many bosses in a lifetime, the next one will probably be a prince. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Phil I do agree as I have had other bosses who were nice too. The only issue now is that it seems whatever works I do, to him it's wrong and he would say things like "your taking the p**s".

It feels as though matter what I do, he will criticise it and then make me look stupid in front of the others.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Some folks you just can't please, I've worked for some of them in the past. The key thing is, don't internalize it. Do the best you can and I'm sure you'll continue to work there and get paychecks. 

Bad bosses don't last forever, they eventually move on-or you do. Relax and take it as a lesson in life, he sounds like a 'p****r' alright! lol

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up