My brain is out of control - post-withdrawal symptoms :(

Posted , 15 users are following.

I have quit diazepam about 3 months ago. I used 2mg every night for 2 months. I was prescribed it to cope with zopiclone/imovane withdrawal symptoms, which I took for 3 months top. But I feel like my brain is hurt/injured somehow and I don't understand since I tapered progressively and did everything I could to make the process of such a low dose right. Now, I'm stuck with bad symptoms:

- Severe dizzinness (vertigo, the ground seems unstable and therfore can't stand on a balcony. Also, can't look in a mirror, makes me almost nauseous)

- Head pressure

- Brain Zaps/spams in the brain that add to the dizzinness

- light ringing in the ear, mostly at night

- Hypnik jerks at night if I do too much exercise or even if I run for about 15 minutes...I also get these jerks when I drink half a beer/when I take 2-3 sips to taste. I stopped drinking 6 months ago. Frustrating

- Pins and needles hands and forearms. 

- I'm mostly tired all the time and I'm way more irratable

- I don't have much anxiety but when the symptoms get intense it feels extremely uncomfortable. 

- I'm not depressed 

- I tried acupuncture, one session relieved most of my symptoms for 2 days...

My doctor told me to do a lot of physical activity, but I can't since I took diazepam. When I was on zopiclone, I could go out for a 5miles 3-5 times a week. Now I can't since it gives me mutiples hypnik jerks that wake me up at night. 

Is y brain injured? Will it pass? Is this a sign that my brain is in repair/restructuring mode or something? Is this a neurological disorder? Help please. I not anxious anymore, I mostly scared and discouraged. I'm 28 and feel handicaped sad

Any help is appreciated. 

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know this post is old but I just wanted to see if I could get yalls advice. I was put on clonazepam .5 and I took it for 5 weeks everyday after I had my 2nd baby. I remember when she was five weeks old I didn't take it for a couple of days. I started getting dizzy all day that day. I have been dizzy ever since. Also have pressure in my left ear and sometimes it will be in the back of my head too. I have took them on and off since then, but I just looked it up last night the symptoms of withdrawals and it kind of makes sense. I did not abuse my clonazepam. I only took them as needed everyday for 5 weeks. I've had a ct scan and it came back normal. I'm pretty convinced this is withdrawing from these stupid things.

• Posted

She's 8 weeks old now so it's been 3 weeks. Are the clonazepam just still in my system trying to work their way out?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.