My coping mechanism for anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, being on this forum has really helped me calm down a bit and I'm thankful for that, reading about everyone else's situations and the positive comments have helped me. I though it'd be good for us to share how we cope with our anxiety on a day to day basis. Personally, I listen to my favourite song (Orion - Metallica) and I've started to write a blog about my experiences in my day to day life and anxiety attacks. It really helps me anyway, hope to see some of ye share your experience of coping smile

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Great to hear! What's your blog link?
    • Posted

hey, it blocked your link, could you PM it to me?

Thanks!

• Posted

walking, lots of walking really does help. Maybe it gets rid of the adrenaline in the body? ? also give my self a talking too, being with friends that understand. keeping really busy, and a big help is talking, especially on here, people with anxiety need lots of reassurance all the time. this forum has been a life saver for me. you people are here 24/7 . and obviously keeping away from stress, negative people by that I mean people who say things like, what's wrong with you, you have changed your not like you used to be..or even those that say, pull your self together and stop worrying. if only it was so simple hay!

I must say medication too has helped , Lthiygh I'm worried about coming off!!

watching my favorite tv shows over and over.

I wonder what others do? great thread btw interesting.

• Posted

I also watch my favorite TV shoes over and over, and i do what makes me feel safe. Hang out at home, spend time with friends, talk on the phone, go for a nice drive. Talking and helping others on this forum also helps to calm my own nerves.

A nice, long drive really helps me.

any other tips that you might have?

• Posted

Mindfullness breathing techniques and healing meditations. Lots of walking as well. I also eat a lot of ginger.
  • Posted

Walking, keeping a diary, talking to people who understands and doesn't judge me! Reading fiction books ( helps me escape ) doing everything normal like working, going out with my family and friends e.t.c

I'm not on any meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.