My cure to BV. Working for 6 months so far

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone. I know there are a lot of cures on here and believe me when I say that I have tried almost everything you can think of. I am so excited to tell everyone my story and what has worked for me. So before I go into a long story I will give you guys my cure in case you don't care for the details. CINNAMON. When I first started out, I took 3 capsules throughout the day. I also inserted a vitamin c tablet my first day to get rid of the smell as this was the only other thing that worked for me but only short term. Anyways after that first day, my BV NEVER came back. I knew it was the cinnamon because I ran out and after a week it returned. I restarted with my new bottle and it quickly went away. After a couple months I went down to taking the cinnamon twice daily and still BV hasn't returned. I haven't worked up enough courage to go down to one a day yet. I want to cry as I am typing this because the BV was ruining my life. I was so depressed. I am just so happy now. If nothing else works, why not give it a try? I had been told by my doctor that there's nothing they can do for me anymore and its something I would likely have to live with for the rest of my life. Isn't that terrible? This is the only thing that has worked long term. I am not on any special diet and the cinnamon is fairly cheap/totally worth it. I developed BV when I was 21 due to what I believe was a unhealthy life style. I never had problems until I went through a very shameful stage of my life. I got into drugs and also had many sexual partners. I contracted HPV and despite what I have read on the internet about it being unrelated to BV, I swear that's when it started. Anyways after a year of that, I got my life together for the sake of my then 2 year old son. I went a few months without being sexually active and the BV never went away. I then got into a new relationship of which I am still happily in. Anyways that's when it became a problem as you can all imagine. The smell was so horrible and embarrassing. Luckily my fiancé is the best man on this entire earth because he never made me feel like it bugged him or mentioned the smell at all. I know it did though. He would always shower after we had sex and I knew why. I would cry everytime he was in the shower. He still to this day doesn't know that. This is what motivated me to get this under control although I do admit it took a really long time to find my cure. I almost just gave up and considered breaking up and never having sex again. Anyways I quickly found vitamin c tablets and those always worked great but I had to use one everyday and it made sex super painful as it leaves a sandy discharge and they started giving me yeast infections. I tried peroxide which worked but only for a couple weeks and I had to do it twice a day. After a while it just stopped working. I tried garlic pills and inserted garlic directly in my vagina (sorry if its TMI). Worked but that smell was also embarrassing during sex and again I had to do it everyday. I also didn't enjoy smelling like onions all the time as my fiance would say. I tried all kinds of probiotics. I spent hundreds of dollars trying different kinds. None worked. I tried inserting yogurt and it only worked for a week then never worked again. I then read about vitamin d deficiencies. I am Hispanic and live in Oregon so I thought that it made sense. I started taking very high doses of vitamin d and it WORKED for a month or so but the entire time I was getting terrible yeast infections. I just put up with it because I figured it was better than being smelly but pretty soon the yeast infections got so mad I couldn't handle it anymore because nothing would cure the yeast infections. I went to the doctor and explained the situation. She took a blood sample and said my vitamin D levels were way to high and recommended I stop taking them. I did. The yeast infection went away but the smell came back. I then read about folic acid. It helped a little but also gave me a yeast infection and I went back and forth between BV and yeast for months. I was miserable and my sex life was suffering. Especially because we wanted to have a baby. We were trying for a year and I blamed it all on this. I finally tried cinnamon and its just a miracle. I read that its a natural antibiotic but it also helps regulate hormones. I would go months without my period so now I am thinking that maybe this is all about my hormones. Cinnamon has also regulated my periods and my discharge is just so normal now. I forgot what it felt like honestly. Even though I haven't got pregnant yet, I am not giving up. I conquered BV despite my doctor saying I will have to live with it for the rest of my life. That may be true but taking cinnamon everyday is a small price to pay in my opinion. Thank for to anyone who actually read this all.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, how did you take the cinnamon and how much? Did you use cinnamon oil or regular cinnamon?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I use true Ceylon Cinnamon capsules. I bought mine online for fairly cheap. It comes with 90 for about 8 bucks or so. I don't think I am allowed to say the brand but make sures it Ceylon Cinnamon
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up