My depression and anxiety is consuming my life.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 17, I have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety and OCD for a little over a year. I recently lost my grandfather and my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I wake up everyday feeling miserable and hating myself over past mistakes that I've made. I cheated on my boyfriend 2 years ago when we first started dating by kissing two other guys. I hate myself for it now and at this point I just want to break up with him because I feel like I'm living a lie. I sit in school everyday and cry, I go home and cry, I don't want to do anything with my life anymore. I was exercising but I recently broke my ankle, what else can I do? Please someone help me I'm losing my mind, I feel like I'm drowning.

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi lily, anxiety and depression are two different things, but if you have those two, you must be in a very serious condition. Try not to be guilty, everybody is a sinner. Join some prayer group and get a counselor. It will help you a lot. Change your perspective in life... Reconcile if possible. Let go and let God.... Life is too short for us to dwell in the past. Enjoy life. I made terrible mistake too... Worst than ever. But life doesnt end now, continue your life and enjoy the most of it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You are young tell him the truth and that you are sorry. You have a lot of life left cheer up God Is Good .. Sorry for all you are going thru but you are Strong keep your head up.. Dont give up. Keep possitive Blessings From Texas
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Anxiety and depression are very horrible, deceitful conditions that make you feel like you will never get better and you will always feel this way.

I remember it all too well

Please seek the help you need, from GPs, therapists, family, friends.

All you should focus on is yourself for now and feeling better mentally. Then worry about other problems.

You will get better and one day this will all be a distant memory, you may not believe me when I say that now but it's true

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

your depression is making you think things are worse than they really are.  I see you are having a hard time.  Try and keep it going with your boyfriend because he may understand you a lot.

rich

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Speak to your family and friends or someone at school.

Consider therapy

Stay Strongfrown

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up