My depression is coming and going

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is this normal for depression I suppose iv always had a little depression but then full blown felt I could not do anything could not laugh smile or anything had to pretend to smile inside I was really hating myself and I stopped everything I enjoyed /nausea and wasn't eating sleeping constantly throughout the day insombia on the night ect ect and suicidal thoughts bouts of crying for no reason and I was diagnosed with depression anyways now I feel me again for the time been but I know any day I can go on and hit a low again is this normal it's like yo yo ! And I don't know if I have another problem because I already have health anxiety but does anybody else feel there depression yoyo as your coming out of it ?

Sorry if this does not make much sense I'm confused as to what's going on with me as one min I feel fine the next minute I hate everything again and just don't feel me

1 like, 18 replies

Report / Delete

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes I think its norml I dont leave my room when I'm depressed, but when you do get down again try not ti get cought up in your mind as I can't sleep whn i do , you should go to therapy that is meant to hlp
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks I'm in.cbt at the moment because I have anxiety it's more focuses on that I want to shut myself away sometimes but I have 2 children so it's a little hard think maybe I need council in or something thank for your reply x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi steph what you are experiencing is normal for someone suffering from depression ! have you been to your doctor about how you feel ?if you have what did they.give you for depression ! i had bouts of crying and the doctor gave me quetiapine which has made a difference ! the feeling of being up and down at times is usual in someone with depression ! please if youve not already done so go to see your doctor and i wish you all the best in you getting better ! david
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi I was given ciatrpram it did not agree with me and my doctors prescribed sertline which then did not agree with me because I have health anxiety they focus more on that as I suppose I'm doing there heads in my doctors know I sat down and admitted everything just keep telling me to come back every 2-4 weeks xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You wont be doing your doctors head in. They would prefer you were there to be treated that to have to deal with any consequences. GP get heavily scrutinised and if a person heaven forbid attempts something silly and they end up in hospital or worse than that, the hospital and authorities review visit and doctors notes.

You feel your doing their heads in cause your depressed which in trun can create paranoia. And its a natural thing so you dont need to worry that its just you, we all get paranoid, but that the depression allow your mind to see the negatives in everything. for example if I said to you I email you tommorrow and didnt you proably think negative things I suspect . If it was a close friend it would be even worse still to th poitn you might question whats wrong, what have I done. Bt the really reason could be something simple.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi stephx, i think alot of us here could relate to 'wearing a mask'. Do you have anybody at home to talk to who could listen? If family route isn't the way to go in making the first step, then i suggest you see your gp and talk with them about it, i know the yoyo effect very well myself, it makes you exhausted especially when you can't natrually get to sleep. Book an appointment with gp and telling them you're struggling at the moment, if you take meds they miht look at changing them for you. Hope you are feeling a bit better, you can get through this, Nick. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi thanks I was given meds but they did not agree with me the doctors said that because I have side effects to everything stick to my cbt ect I have talked to family members they don't seem to sink in exactly how I feel I so have support though just sometimes feel I don't as nobody understand I have insombia so yes it's exhausting too thank you so much xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Gosh......reading this is like I'm telling the story of my life .....health Anxiety :-(

I've always been up and down, but managed to pull out of it .....until December ....It hit hard and scared the hell out of me !!!!

I was in such a dark place and I couldn't see, feel anything past the hour ..... spending hours shut away from the kids and rejecting my hubby and no sleep ..I finally went to see my Dr Who gave me fluxotine.....I'm almost 4 weeks in. ....went to hell and back , but having more good days. ....hope you feel well soon. ....Each day at a time xxxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Stephx, how are you feeling? It sounds like you and you dr know that you have sensitivity issue when it comes to medicine, regarding support sometimes its hard those close by to understand, have you looked into groups associated with depression/ mental health that do ther things such as exercise/ cratfs/ outings? Ask the people who do your CBT if they know of any with peeps who go who are in similar cicrumstance, you might meet people who are able to understand, and it also might help you have something to look forward to smile Nick
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's a great idea me and my friend have been on about this they isn't much here like that and they needs to be really also not a lot of awareness everybody knows but don't understand well enough to help x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I feel the same way I can go from being happy then half an hour after feel like crying,I have also been diagnosed with anxiety disorder ,im glad im not the only one.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up