My depression is coming and going

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is this normal for depression I suppose iv always had a little depression but then full blown felt I could not do anything could not laugh smile or anything had to pretend to smile inside I was really hating myself and I stopped everything I enjoyed /nausea and wasn't eating sleeping constantly throughout the day insombia on the night ect ect and suicidal thoughts bouts of crying for no reason and I was diagnosed with depression anyways now I feel me again for the time been but I know any day I can go on and hit a low again is this normal it's like yo yo ! And I don't know if I have another problem because I already have health anxiety but does anybody else feel there depression yoyo as your coming out of it ?

Sorry if this does not make much sense I'm confused as to what's going on with me as one min I feel fine the next minute I hate everything again and just don't feel me

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi again I started to feel a bit better but I'm starting to go the same again I feel like crying or do cry a lot I feel tiered all the time run down I feel everybody hates me it's like asif im not a likeable person at all been feeling low for a while but I just can not get excited for anything anymore again or if I laugh it's kinda a fake laugh with no feeling I tried drinking alcohol so I could forget everything but I was the same everybody was laughing around me and I kind of just hit a wall where nothing was funny and I just wanted to sleep it's more of a constant down then a yoy now but I do have suicidal thoughts sometimes that make me feel relied but I wouldn't go through with them I don't see how that works I feel I can't sleep on the nights but I can't actually get out of bed in morning I would rather sleep the day away is this just sounding like normal hormonal problems or does this sound to be depression im confused at why it's happening right now aswell because I should be excited getting my own house ect but I just can't see the happy side to anything I don't know whether to go to doctors again or not xx
    • Posted

Hey Steph - I think you definitely should go and speak to your doctor, you deserve to be happy and feel excited about all of the good things in your life. I too usually spend my day in bed because I don't want to go out and face the world, it seems easier to hide under the covers and wish life away but it is also an incredibly lonely place. 

Everything you are experiencing definitely sounds like depression, so talk to your GP and maybe they can refer you to some more councilling sessions? In the mean time take things day by day, try to find some positives each day and try to fill your time doing things that you enjoy and busy your mind. I really hope you start to feel better soon, you can get through this smile xx

• Posted

Thankyou fee just little things send me back into it like feeling useless and then that makes me feel pathetic and then my body starts off and my mind and I sink it's finding the way back up again isn't it I will definitely get to doctors because it seems to be flaring up a lot more a soon as I feel up im back down again I hope you are ok xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.