My depression is getting worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wrote on here before , have suffered with depression for over 25 years am on medication. But I have a slipped disc and been off work for 4 months . This has had my life I have had some rough times over the years , but to be in pain and so isolated and so alone is a first for me .

I actually thought I was gonna have a breakdown for the past month I done nothing but cry I just can't cope am finding it really hard . The feeling of feeling so alone driving me insane

Have to have injection soon for the nerve block think it's called . And am holding out all hope on this if it doesn't work.

In my head I hate to think we're I be at , I actually wanna scream and smash everything and just run . That's if I could ha

I can't have my life like this I hate it so much at the moment am always strong for other people. But inside am screaming

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes I know the feeling, try to focus on the small things you can change.

We tend to look at the whole elephant rather than parts,we can manage then panic sets in, you can't see a,way at all.

I feel like this and its frustrating, frightening and yes, I feel so alone and isolated too. No one to talk things over with. Its,sad

• Posted

This is so true linda, think am more negative then postive. Then I don't get disappointed so much ...is that depression or just the person I am

Even after 25 years I still question depression

If you ever wanna message me just do we all seem lonely in our battle

• Posted

I suffer a Chronic Disaility and have been to Pain Management to be taught coping Techniques.

Talk to your GP about TENS MACHINES I have used one of these for over twenty years. I am able to effect Nerve Blocks with a twin electrode type of machine.

Try BODY CLOCK on the internet they sell a good selection of various types of machines to control pain. They also sell PAIN PENS where you need to direct an electrode to a certain point on your body.

If you are disabled you will be refunded the VAT so that can help with the cost.

Try Relaxation Techniques Mindfulness is listed in Related Information and that may also help you.

Breathing Exercises can help as well.

We have had a Hydrotheraphy Room installed, you do not need that expense and just use the heavy direct jet on your shower head to direct hottish water on the place where the worse pain is.

Warm compressess and pads can be purchased as well on Amazon, some contain beans or jell, heat them up in the Microwave and apply onto the affected area.

BOB

• Posted

Thank you so much I will.look into this , I am sorry you suffer pain . I feel bit of a idiot going on about mine having depression don't help and I know I have got worse. I've cried many a river over the last month

I will defoe look into this about pain and am also gonna go back to doctors my be I need up my meds for time being

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.