My doctor tells me that I need D&C diagnostic

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I have very low ferritin only 0.1 and have been taken iron. I dont have hot flashes but can feel that anxiety is much worse. I am 49 and had irregular periods for over a year. First time it happended I was bleeding for 3 weeks then was treated with hormones in order to stop it. After that was regular for couple of months, then again the same story. Had 10 days of bleeding recently then stopped but was happy only for a week, as it now started again. Went to doctor who checked me with ultra sound, my endometrium is 2 sm thick and he said i need to have D&C asap. I am abroad at the moment and it cost a lot here. So, I dont know what to do, I dont know if it is necessary to have it done. Have anyone familiar with this treatment? Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi inessa

oh bless you..

i didnt understand your uterine thickness 2sm ? 

Mine was 4mm and thin ..just post menopause ..

i had a D&C years ago, its a quick op nothing to worry about, home same day.

i felt fine like nothing been done and made pancakes later 😃

are you from UK ? 

I am in southern spain 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay, yes its 20mm thick. I live in London but temporarily work in Cyprus. The reason the doctor wants me to have it to regulate my period and diagnos the endometrium to make sure there is nothing bad. 

After reading this forum I am realising that I am going through menopause. Many women had or having those symptoms. I want to be sure that D&C will make a gifference for me even if it is only for some while.  x

• Posted

Hi inessa

i had mine years ago then i had endometriosis etc .. And more laser sugery ..

The D&C it helped me ..

it needs sorting hun..

best to do as Doc thinks .. Get it thinned by D&C then hopefully if your in peri menopause then it will thin after the op more easily etc ..as it does in menopause .. But it needs a D&C if 20mm and checking out ..

Jayxx

• Posted

Thanks a lot. I will have to make up my mind some howsmile
  • Posted

Are you living abroad? Could you travel back and would it then be less even taking your travel costs into account?
    • Posted

Well, I have 2 months to finish my contract and then I will go back to London where I am not sure if my GP will think that is it the right way to deal with the problem. I am assuming now, I know. But from the last experience they kept prescribing me hormones to stop bleeding and I dont like to take them as they worsen my anxiety a lot. In Uk doctors never mentioned D&C at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.