My dr just told me to find a new one !

Posted , 18 users are following.

B***h doctor just told me that it may be better if I find a new dr? 

I went to an acupuncturist who wanted more blood work due to my chronic fatigue .... he said she hadn’t done the FULL thyroid and he wanted a few more things tested.

Went to see her today explained I’d been in bed basically for 5 months ... said it’s depression all in my head ... will not do any more blood work . I’m astounded in shock !

Being ready for bed most days at 5pm is not ALL IN MY MIND !

Where do you go for help if your dr won’t help you ? It’s not like I’m there every week only been a few times since February .

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I know what you mean Lori. I asked my Dr why was my menopause going on for so long and was there anything else she could do for me. She prescribed some oestrel cream to use starting with every night for 4 weeks and then to use 3-4 times a week. Other wise there was nothing else she could give me that wouldn't make me sleepy. No answer to why it's been going on so long. I had a hysterectomy in1985 so went into early menopause and I am still having symptoms now. I did take hormone therapy for a few years from 1990 ,but had to stop because of a heart condition, in 2005. To my mind my doctor just didn't take my concerns seriousy and just tried to fob me off with the hormone cream. She is now retired but I don't realy have any confidence in any of the other doctors in the practice so I don't really know what to do.

• Posted

Hi Lori!  I wanted to share something ...  Last year, I jokingly said I need to be put on a table and have a team of drs surround me and figure me out!  Like an autopsy, but living. When I looked, I was stunned... It actually exists... Put in UDN (Undiagnosed disease network)....a medical university has a multi disciplinary team work with you...I think you stay for like a week.  Wouldn’t hurt to contact them... I hope you are doing ok!  😊

• Posted

That’s great info Lou ! And yes if I could go somewhere and just get tested all in one go instead of back and forth to drs back and forth for blood tests.

I also thought about the Mayo Clinic as have been so desperate .

If I’m not better after these antiviral supplements then I must do something . 6 months of this and depressed . Waiting for my third blood test results the previous ones showed healthy .... if this is just menopause with ebv then I am stunned shocked . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.