My experience with Fissure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I had acute suffering / pain due to fissures for 1.5 years. Still I have pain, but I am better and learned to manage it. Also I feel I have prevented my condition from getting worse. Or perhaps it has improved, because sometimes I do not feel the pinch after loo. And at times pain is only for 30 minutes or so. And times it is more , even up to 4 hrs maximum. This is how I have managed it.

1. Drink water . Warm water is better to soften your stools

2. Add honey in warm water and drink before you sleep

3. M

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Continued

3. Morning is best time to go to loo.

4. Taking warm water sitz bath with coconut oil (2 table spoon)

5. Apply any over the counter cream prescribed for fissures

6. Lying down when ever possible. Avoid sitting for too long .

7. For attending important task on any day, I drink cold water + honey the previous day and also eat limited food. This prevents the urge to go to loo.

8. Avoiding any type of spices

9. Eating Cucumber before / along with my lunch and dinner

10. For important days, I take pain killer 30 minutes before going to loo. Once in a month or so.

• Posted

Hey B,all your suggestions are perfect to handle a fissure but its no eay to live.That all you do is revolving around this,I had lis procedure and in a week all the pain went away.Fissure are caused by the sphincter muscle being too tight,you have to releive that pressure or you will live in pain always

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.