My experience with Hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had this surgery December 1,2020. I don't think you can describe the pain to someone that has never had it before. I'm 39 female, in all reality I personally would never do this surgery again. There have been times since my surgery that I honestly wish I never did the surgery to begin with. I had multiple trips to the ER prior because I thought I was in pain. I had internal and external for over 18 years on and off since I had my first child. They were always manageable up until about a year ago. I don't know things just got worse with them and I decided it was time i did this surgery. There were days I didn't think I was ever going to find relief from the pain I was in. I had a really hard time trying to find a good balance by taking my fiber intakes and pain meds after surgery. I followed everything they told me to do. Some days I would just cry because the pain meds I as given would work for a short period of time and I was never comfortable. Trying to have a bm is the worst imaginable pain I have every experienced. I almost passed out because the pain was to much to take. Labor has nothing on this surgery. Sometimes just sitting in hot bath with your pain meds was the only way i was able to get somewhat comfortable. A few weeks after surgery I was in lots of pain, I met my Doctor at the ER . I had to have emergency surgery for two bilateral tears. I had to have a sphincterotomy. I'm now 2 weeks post from that surgery. I don't know if that surgery was more painful for me due to fact I was still recovering from the 1st surgery or not, but for me I thought that it was worse then my Hemorrhoidectomy. For 4-5 days I was in more pain than first week of my Hemorrhoidectomy . I had to stay the night in the hospital, and honestly I wish everyone stayed for 48hrs. There were times that the pain meds weren't working and all I could do was cry and pray that someone how I could manage to get some sleep. I wasn't having pain from the tears anymore, just having constant pain for so long by this point, I was just tired of everything. I took one day at a time, I'm still taking one day at a time and everyday I'm getting better. I do feel like I had some nerve issues with not able to feel when I needed to go for a little bit. I wouldn't say I am completely over that but I am getting better. For me now, even 2 weeks after this surgery and haven't been released on either surgeries. I am feeling better, I am just not at that point to thinking that I am glad i did the surgery. Maybe in few weeks I can come back and say yes I did the right thing.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.