My fiance ended out 8 year relationship and i can't understand why!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello! I'm new here but I need some help and/or advise!

My fiance (now ex) ended our relationship out of the blue last Thursday. Things were going great. we have just bought a house together 4 months ago and we were due to get married in 4 months time. We were both so excited.

I've always been there for him, always supported him. I've never put any pressure on him so let all the decisions be his, in his own time. He proposed - so his decision to to get married, he wanted to buy a house so we bought a house (previously renting a flat together), he wanted a dog, so we got a dog.. he also made the descsion to take the dog back to the rescue centre because he couldn't deal with her. 

He's been having a really tough time lately so i've tried to be as supportive as I always have been. He just kept saying he's not happy and he doesnt know how to shake it.

The day before he ended it we were giving out all our wedding invites. Everyone including us was so happy and excited for us. He had been pretty distant with me lately though. The next day i came home from work and he ended the relationship saying it was over. he's not happy any more and he doesn't love me anymore. I've no idea whether this is him or whether it's his anxiety and depression talking? I love him unconditionally and I thought he loved me too given the fact we'd been together 8 years. He hadn't talked to me about not being happy with me, i thought he just wasn't happy in himself.  

My whole life was dedicated to keeping him happy and that was a mistake I now know! I sacrifised my own happiness for his a lot, even though he wasn't aware of this! I tried so hard to keep this relationship going, my love for him is so strong that I didn't even care what it would do to me.

So he left without a proper explanation other than he's just not happy, and i don't make him happy. I haven't heard from him since but I hear he is just acting like nothing has happened. He's living with his mum at the moment. No one at all can understand why he has made this decision and he hasn't spoken to anyone about it. He's just going around telling everyone I didn't make him happy.

He had everything when he was with me. It just seems like a rash decision that he hadn't really thgouht through. Every single person i talk to, his family and friends too are all devestated! no one know swhat to say to me and i dont know what to say to them. i have no answers! I'm heartbroken and devestaed to say the least! I just want him to be happy at the end of the day, i honestly don't think he'll be able to find someone who was as supportive as i was. 

I just want him back! I miss him deeply and I'm living in our house alone. The whole situation is killing me! 

A part of me wants to just gove him all his stuff and be done with him.. but that's not me! I really just want to be there for his in this hard time he's having at the moment. He said he just wants to spend time finding himself!

I just don't understand any of it :'(

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

put your best foot forward then and find someone else when the time is right.
    • Posted

I can't even think about that right now.. I've been with him for 8 years!!
  • Posted

how are you feeling now after two weeks?
    • Posted

Hi

It's actually been 3 weeks since the split. And about 10 days since I last saw him. 

And actually I'm doing OK. A lot better than i thought I would be. I haven't cried in about a week. The only thing that gets me upset now is the house. He keeps pestering me to talk to him about the house, whether we sell up or I keep it meaning he stops paying the bills. I'm not ready to think about that right now, both scenarios freak me out. I love my house and i really really want to stay but i know i can only just about afford to live there. :'(

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.