My first two days on orlistat

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, i have struggled with my weight for 15 years, I have tried the diets, LEAP and all the usual things. The doctors have put me on orlistat, I have heard such horror stories about the side affects that g have been so strict on my food intake over the last two days, I feel great, I am sticking to my three meals a day, no snacking, I can't remember the last time stuck to that. I open my cupboards and all I think is, is that going going to make me leak oil without even knowing! that thought has been enough to keep me on track. I know it's only been two days but if taking those blue tablets keeps me on track then so be it. Xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi & welcome to the forum Cathryn :-)

Yes- Taking Oristat is certainly a good deterrant from eating fatty foods.

I made the mistake just once & most certainly wont be doing it again!

Being prescribed Oristat is the best thing that has ever happend to

me. I have tried countless diets, even the juice diet for 60 days, I lost

heaps of weight, to regain it all back in the space of 12 weeks!

With Oristat you really have to think very carefully before you pop

anything with a high fat content in your mouth!

Good luck with yuor little blue buddies, be good to them and they

will be good to you. xxx

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Welcome Hun this forum is fantastic we are all in the same boat rowing to the same tune lol, can I ask what is LEAP?  I have not heard of it. 

The blue buddies are great because they make us think will that give us that horrid side effect, instead of thinking one wont hurt..... erm it will now lol.

Good luck xxx

• Posted

Thank you for your replies and encouragement. It's hard when you're a food addict (which I believe I am) people can't understand why I over indulge at every meal. I have overcome 3 major addictions in my life, I have not drank, taken illegal highs or smoked for six years. They were easy to overcome as I just don't have them. Unfortunately we cannot abstain from food. This is the last thing I need to get a grip on. I am nearly 19 stone and a nursery nurse, ive put on weight steadily over the last 3 year after loosing a few stone, then I met my husband, felt comfortable and piled on the pounds. I am struggling at work to keep up with the kids and I feel  a hypocrite teaching them about healthy eating. hopefully this is the start of a change in my life, the pills are helping me control my cravings. 

LEAP is maybe something only available in Leicestershire? its a 12 weeks course offered by the doctor with classes of nutrition talks and aerobics exercise, trouble is g know what to eat to be healthy, how to read labels to find out nutritional values,I just couldn't control what went in my mouth. 

• Posted

I did foundation years for ten years, I totally understand where your coming from, my knees are ruined with the extra weight I carried aroound and being on them all the time with the little ones.

When we did tumble time, i hated it with a passion!!

and of course the amount of time a child would ask if there was a baby in my tummy......

Oh we have the Lightened up scheme 12 weeks with either WW, SW or 6 weeks with LL.  But your GP has to be in the scheme mine is not hence the blue bullets, but I joined SW anyway, as I knew it worked and it is a fat free plan which runs along side the guidelines of the blue bullets.

It is hard, at the begining to change our habits, will power and the need to want it has to be there to make changes.

but you know we will fall down a few times but its wether we get back up that makes the diffrence.

The fear of having an accident keeps me on the straight and narrow lol im to young to have those sort of mishaps just yet lol 

Hen hugs xxxx

• Posted

I was with sw but always cheated, lost 5lb gained 2 and so on. The tablets are really making me think about what I put in my mouth. This is only my third day but I feel less bloated. I used to eat until I couldn't eat anymore, now I eat what i have made and and feel great for not pigging out on crap. X
  • Posted

@Cathryn Hello, Good Luck on your weight loss Journey. I started out at 19.5 stone size 24 now a 12.They do work and you don't have to feel deprived on them just stick to the fat rules and the weight will come off in no time. The horror stories only come when people eat junk food so as long as you steer clear of all that rubbish you will be fine x
    • Posted

Hi Britney, how long did it take you to get back down to a size 12? That's what I'm aiming for! Size 10 would be fab but 12 is more realistic as that's what I've been for most of my adult life so far. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.