My foreskin is stuck to my glans and i cant fully retract it. Is it a serious problem??

Posted , 3 users are following.

0 likes, 1 reply

Report / Delete

1 Reply

• Posted

The critical factor is your age? For young men this is a very common thing. For most of these the skin will eventually free itself.

This is not a problem in itself, it would be better if you can expose the full head / glans of your penis for hygiene purposes, essentially, to keep the entire head clean.

Never try to use force to separate the head and your foreskin: you can use gentle pressure, say, using the pad of your thumb, pushing from the tip of your penis end, where the adhesion is and push downwards. The other thing you can do is when you are erect is to grip the skin on the shaft of your penis and, again, draw it gently towards the base of you penis. The adhesion will actually break free at any time - but if it remains intact for weeks after trying these exercises then recognise the amount of pressure you are using. After a few weeks start using slightly more pressure and step-up the number of times you do the exercises. Simply be patient and eventually it will break free. Do note that in some cases the foreskin just remains as it is, no matter what you try to do. This is quite normal too, as long as there are no hygiene issues going on you can continue as it is throughout life. The other options would be to get a steroid ointment from a Doctor, or perhaps even consider whether you want to have a simple surgical procedure to free this off - if any medical professional suggests you need to be circumcised do NOT entertain such suggestions, unless you develop severe complications at some time in the future.

I would certainly try for up to 2 years to sort this yourself, as I say, for the majority of men these issues sort themselves out in their own time......

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up