My gallbladder surgery was a success!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I read a lot of these boards before my laparoscopic surgery four days ago. I was terrified after reading the horror stories. I too had gallstone attacks that I thought would kill me! But... I'm gallstone free and gallbladder free!! I've had no major problems to report! Expected soreness still but I'm feeling better everyday. I've been eating again with no problems in fact had my first small burger today. 

There is hope. Hang in there. 

Thanks!

For those having gallstone attacks... Change your diet eat no fat. I are rice and beans, baked chicken or fish fruits (except advacados and coconuts) and vegetables of course. Read labels NO FAT! 

I hope this helps :-)

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Good to hear you are better. It certainly changed my life back to feeling normal again after my opinion.
  • Posted

Congratulations on your surgery, however, you advocate no fat and then go and eat a burger, which is filth in a bun!
    • Posted

While I was awaiting surgery having major attacks I learned that NO FAT meant meant NO PAINFUL ATTACKS! Now that the stones and gallbladder are gone I can eat... Anything I wish :-) 
    • Posted

Be very careful about eating anything you want, you can run the risk of putting on weight as teh liver will be overloaded. Also fatty foods will cause you to have diahorrea. not everyone iwll have this  but the risk is there for all.
  • Posted

The easiest way to avoid fatty foods is go vegetarian I agree it might not be the most favourite but if it means pain free n more comfortable why not some great recipes . I had mine out only 2 weeks ago after 7 months off running back n forth to GP clinics n hospitals finally ended up in A n E and it was time for it to come out.so glad I read your story its so positive . I was a bit naughty n had a pint of beer Sunday past , big NO NO was very bad with acid all night n well into Monday a packet off mints worked . Hope u can keep posting your recovery progress I will 2 better than a doctor telling u how u should feel .
  • Posted

Hi cheryldc

Thanks for the message of reassurance!

I am waiting to have gall bladder out along with large gallstone!

It's good to hear that you are recovering well!

I have been on no fat very bland, boring diet for 6months!frown

I did not know that it would be so easy to say no to cake and pastries!!!

I don't ever want another gall bladder attack...ever!!

So I will try and keep your message in mind when they drag me in for the op!!cry

Thank you for sharing your story it has helped!smile

• Posted

good luck sunshine, hope your recovery is swift. keep us up to date on your progress.
  • Posted

Thought would add that have been doing the fodmap diet, which has been of great help, plus unknown at the time has helped with my gallstones situation..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.