My girlfriend left me 3 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

My girlfriend and I were together for two years after almost 10 years of friendship. We kind of rushed into things and fell in love really quickly she was going through a divorce I had just lost my father and we sort of depended on each other for for happiness. Overtime we both eventually sort of lost self motivation and focus and we're too wrapped up into each other's own world and not spending enough time with without each other. She began feeling like I was taking her love for granted and being insecure not that I was worried about her cheating or anything it was just I wasn't used to dealing with my personal stress and sharing the person that took all of that stress away. So like 3 weeks ago while I was at work she came and grabbed all of her belongings well most of them and essentially told me she wasn't coming back and she needs space and the next day she went to one of my best friends and told him that she actually broke up with me she couldn't tell me that face to face even after we had to talk a couple days after The Break-Up she admitted so that she loves me too much that you can't face me to tell me that she doesn't want to be with me anymore. But she seeing other people now and trying to erase me from existence as far as social media and telling my friends and tell me to stop contacting her. I really just want to know what could cause her to at this way when it seemed as though we were still in love up until the point she move her things out? Very confusing and mind-blowing situation any suggestions?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey there, such a sad story and obviously heartbreaking for you. It's a shame she talked to your mate. It's a bit awkward when this mate is a mutual friend of you both. I know by the sound of it, you have a million questions. Unfortunately, I'm not sure you are gonna get answers. As you say, she didn't have the courage to discuss breaking up with you, to you. You say, she has moved on and you are understandably upset and confused by this but maybe this is her way of dealing with it. You are not going to like me saying this, but it you need to do the same. Have you got any mates or people who don't know her and can just be there for you. I think you know her, you lived together. You will probably find the answers within yourself. Reflect and ask yourself why do you honestly think she left. I think you've answered some of those questions in your post x I'm just not sure you will hear it from her x

• Posted

Yes absolutely and I've been getting better day to day. My mind jus can't grasp the fact that a person can be in love with you literally planning future one day and 2 days later exit your life pretty much over night. Lessons learned i cant say time wasted.

• Posted

Sorry, and you will get through this, Donna x
  • Posted

Hi Vm32 - I wonder what circumstances led to her divorce? Meanwhile I think she has made it clear what her intentions are. She wants out. Let her. She seems to have announced your split to everyone else except you. Keep your chin up, plan your future, and look after you. 
    • Posted

She told me her ex husband had cheated on her and just wanted her to be a house wife with no life basically. We had fun the spark was amazing she got a good job last year but these last few months I believe the stress of some personal things thats been going on in my life were becoming stressful for her as well. Stress and not being able to love her to 100 percent everyday I see now was due to the fact I wasnt handling my heartaches in the right manner. Jus coping with heavy drinking numbing the pain away only for it to come back awhile later. She tried to get me to recognize this and I've told her once she reached out after the BU that I appreciate this hard decision. Now at this point of 2 weeks NC i have some important things of hers I would like to get back and I still feel a talk would help both our hearts in healing. So any suggestion on getting her belongings and one final talk our if her???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.