My Girlfriend Sleeps With Another Man

Posted , 5 users are following.

My girlfriend has a father issue, please keep in mind that she's a victim. Her father kept cheating on her mother, hit her and I can tell that my GF is always looking for a father figure in her relationship. She's looking for rich and powerful men, to be exact. Man who can give her material wise and stamp a bright future on her forehead. I believe she's never realized it, but everyone around her can see her needs, her craving for that. She even had an affair with her principal when she was in senior high. Now we're in the relationship for 2 years and, yeah, she's getting much better since she's with me (her brother told me). Now she's 24 and I'm 29.

The problem is, it seems that I can never be the figure she always wanted. I worked so hard to be the best for her, I did everything I could to give her what she needs, to make her happy. And now we're in LDR, she takes her master study abroad and unfortunately, she met this 55 y/o guy who keeps hitting on her, he appeared like a prince charming on the white horse, and she came honest to me that they had sex already and they started to grow a feeling toward each other.

I feel powerless, humiliated, small and no use to live. It worst than someone spits on your face.

Please help me I'm having depression right now. I'll do anything to win her back and eventually fix her. I know her so well and she did that because of her issues. We were very happy and very loyal. Please help me, I love her so much.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

ive lost mine and im depressed to but im working on it please be aware i tried getting through mine on my own but it just got worse i guess she knows how you feel about her but sometimes it isnt enough when she realises it the father figure she craves in her life she may realise she actually doesnt need it her father doing them things was never her fault but misses that kind of attention but now she is an adult she feels attention from older ritcher powerfull guys give her the the atention she never had as a child she probably wanted to daddies little princes but now she is an adult any older guy treats her nicley like that is only gonna turn her head and her heart you may have lost this one but dont give up i have to with mine talk to her brother explain that you care and want to see her safe and well she was honest with you so her mixed up emotions is making things complicated for her she needs to understand that you are hurting and that you can forgive her for cheating but she needs to get help let her emotions go about her father not being all that she wanted dont know if it helps but im hurting and depressed to so i may not be the best person to say anything
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi the simple answer is you can't win her back if she is looking for a father figure.  It is beyond your capabilty or anyone who loves her to 'fix' her. 

If she wants to overcome this fixation with older men her best route is therapy.  

You are only setting yourself up for more heartache by trying.  It takes 2 to make a relationship work.  I know you love her etc. but you deserve someone who doesn't cheat on you and who hasn't got so much emotional baggage.  x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies, guys. I really really need feedbacks right now, since I can't share it with anyone. The thing is, my 4 years ex did the exact same thing, too. And from these 2 experiences, I can't help but believe that I don't worth for anyone. And I don't know if I can trust anyone again. My self-esteem just hit the seabed, and the iceberg hit me? Just too huge, and it hit me twice.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well I think you should look at yourself why do you go for a woman that you think needs fixing is there something in your life that needs fixing first before you can find  someone who is gonna want you just because of who you are and doesn't need to be helped with anything don't feel down because of there issues because they arent your issues to fix you may have one of your own to fix first
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up