My Hallowean HORROR

Posted , 7 users are following.

Please bear with me I'll try and be brief

I became obsessed with fitness and would you used to power walk like a mad man

Often walking quicker well marching quicker than any running group

In January of this year I lost my balance a bit power walking and I've been in living hell ever since

The first symptoms were the leg feeling like it ballooned and then burning and like weird tingling feeling under the skin

I could hardly walk and after X rats and 5 different Pysiothreapist and neurological text I only got one diagnosis that was I had over stretched and tired the muscles

Nearly a year later and it's a living hell, every Singel step I do I have to think about

My legs are so stiff and my feet it's like im walking with feet made out of wood

I get a feeling under the skin when I walk like sudden movement of blood trickling under my skin like lots liquid movement , It feels like I'm actually wetting myself when I

Not

Another symptom is the muscle or tissue feels so sore as if it's getting friction burn and the bones sometimes keep clicking and feels like someone's smashing my legs bones and muscles with a thousand hammers all up and down my legs

all I want is to walk to the bus stop normally

To church up a hill without thinking about it

Without worrying what my legs will do each day

PLEASE iF you know what this might be it anything to help me walk Pain free or any strech I can do or anything then I urge you to please to help this depressed isolated 38 year old year lad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When my meniscus was torn I hadsome of those feelings. After walking on it for months waiting on authorization it got worse. Was actually bleeding inside.
    • Posted

How do you know if you've hurt your meniscus

Just been doing my excerises in my leg and various part of the leg feels like liquid runs on particular parts of the skin most unsual and surreal

Others parts of my leg feel so damaged bruised and sore, like I've had someone trampoling all over my legs

• Posted

Mine felt sore. Like I had a circulation issue at first. Then it hit worse. Squeezed feeling. Then it started to lock up on me as pieces got chewed up and floated around and it caught in the joint. By the time I finally got the operation , I could barely get up a set of stairs.
  • Posted

I wish I knew. . . the only vague thing that rings a bell is the 'wet' feeling.  that I have also experenced, and I think it has to do with the nerve endings.  Perhaps you should also see a neurologist?  Nerves could have been damaged . . and believe me, nerve pain is very, very bad . . . I have experienced it after a knee replacement. I hope you get some answers and soon get back to normal.

• Posted

I'm sorry to have to say this but you're not going to get the help you need here, no matter how often you try. I don't know where you are or what might be available to you locally but your only real hope is through medical professionals. Forums can be useful but they can't fix what ails you!

• Posted

I would recommend going to see a Chiropractor. They are expensive but worth every penny. After numerous Vists to my GP & pysio, and getting no answers I finally went to see a Chiropractor. On my first vist I finally got answers to my symptoms

• Posted

You are going to need immediate help from an orthopedic surgeon. You may be referred to a neurologist or neurosurgeon. You have put so much stress on your body that its going to take tests and professional analysis........and the sooner the better. Safe to say, its isn't going to fix itself

• Posted

I would advise you to get a GP to refer you to an orthopaedic surgeon.

These really are the best people to see and do whatever they advise you.

This may be quite a long wait, but it will be worth it in the end.

I was lucky, I had TKR 4 years ago and had an excellent consultant.

Total succes, it is like having my life back.

Hope you get the same result.

Keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Sounds like my journey i frustrated when they keep telling you they don't see anything. Ask them to do a bone scan and that will show the blood and if it's going to the knee or its pooling sonewhere.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.