My husband is suffering from varricocele for 2 months.What should we do now?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband is suffering from varricocele, He is 28 and am 23..Doctor has suggested us to conceive baby as soon as possible ..M not mentally prepared for it and my body too .Weight is just 41 kg ..Please suggest is there any chace of fertility in Varicocele? His sperm motile is 15% and sperm count is 35million ..Please suggest what should we do now?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Firstly, 35 million sperm is fine... 15 mil or above is normal. Im not sure about motility. You can treat the varicocele, there are a few options but an embolisation is the easiest way and is effective. The correlation between varicocele and fertility is a matter of some debate but more and more urologists are coming round to the theory that it does... But your doctor's advice is a little strange and I would seek a second opinion from a urologist and perhaps consider treating the issue before you turn your life upside down.

• Posted

That count seems fine but if it’s causing you stress and worry just get it embolized. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.