My journey week 10

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all coming upto week 10 on 20mg what can I say feel so much better feel like am getting back to normal went back to work 3 weeks ago and that as helped me out getting back out there and interacting with society I have had some bad bits along the way feeling so tierd and anixious but this site gives out excellent advice and reassurance that it has help me along the way so thank you I have one question has anybody's hair felt different ie thinner and when brushed more hair comes out that normal ..

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi this is great news! Yes I have the same issue with hair x
    • Posted

Hello  thank you I am going to look at hair vitamins tomorrow see if that will x
  • Posted

Hi Maria

Firstly its good to hear you are doing well. 

I am also on Citalopram and have noticed so much hair falling out... I had a blood test done yesterday just to rule out any other problem...

Ive read that anti depressants can cause thinning hair but it rectifies itself once we come off the tablets. 

• Posted

Thank you raj . Well I am not due to see my doctor as of yet but will ask my pharmacist when I get in to work tomorrow about it not nice is it especially when it comes out but guess it's better than feeling like I did hope things are going ok for you ..

• Posted

let me know what the pharmacist says...

also get a blood test done just to mske sure you are not lacking in something. 

• Posted

I will back at work tomorrow so will chat to him then x
    • Posted

how long did it take for you to notice citalopram was working?
    • Posted

I would say week 7 but think because I went back to work after having 6 weeks of it made all the different .
    • Posted

was your anxiety really bad and what were your symptoms?
    • Posted

Yes my anxiety did get fairly bad I was waking in the night with it and then in December I could not cope with it so my first doctor gave me propananol they helped calm me down but I felt awful on them . My head wAs like a blur so I went back and went on sertralin 50 mg but I only lasted 3 days on them as I was so ill so then changed to cit 10 mg for a week then up to 20 but had awful side effects lost 2 stone in weight racing thoughts very tierd and could not sleep felt anxious but I made sure I went out an hour a day for a long walk and pushed myself to do my jobs at home I then decided to go back to work which has given me focus eithen thou I believe my axiety started due to work stress however now my head feels in a better place I don't let things get to me In fact things that did wind me up I have learnt to let it go over my head it does take time for this but for me it's the best thing I was ready to give up on the meds but I new that would of been the wrong choice .

• Posted

Everyone always seems to blame the poor celexa for strange effects..did it ever occurred to u that propanol is the culprit for hair loss.
    • Posted

Don't think it's the propanol  as I only took it for a week max ..

• Posted

I have the same im on week 7 and my hair feels awful. I’m scared to brush it as loads come away with my brush. I have a CBT course in two weeks so I’m hoping his gives me the strength to come off citalopram(obviously wean off) I’m only on 10mg x
    • Posted

Hello Nicky what's the reason why you are coming of the tablets x

• Posted

I just don’t want to have to rely on them. This has all stemmed from one night back in December when I woke up gasping for air. I then got into a cycle of being afraid to fall asleep and would keep waking myself up because I couldn’t breath(subconsciously all in my head). I was a walking mess come January and doctor said to go on citalopram. I feel citalopram has made me worse however I am back to sleeping almost full nights. My problem now is health anxiety, where I feel something is wrong I automatically be think the worst. To think all of this has come from just one nights bad sleep. I just feel I’m at a strong point where I can take control of this and with the help and guidance of CBT course I can do it. Obviously if I fail I’ll go back to my doctors, but what have I got to lose in trying x
    • Posted

Bless you at the end of the day you no what's right for you everyone is different and deals with things different to as with the health anxiety that will pass as I had that when first taking the cit you think the worst and I was getting myself in a panic 

• Posted

I hope your right my health anxiety was non existent at the beginning now 7 weeks in it’s getting worse x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.