My last posting

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,  I would like to thank everyone on the forum who has replied to my posts mostly moaning and have tried to offer support and advice.  I have decided that this will be my last post on the forum.  As you may know I am seeing a CBT councillor for anxiety.  Whilst a lot of what has been discussed has been helpful and well meaning I find that reading about a condition which doctors and consultants don't know about is causing me more anxiety.  The talk of cancer if this condition is not treated just freaks me out.  This morning as of most mornings I have woken up early feeling very anxious and whole body aching. As I mentioned in an earlier post I am trying now to concentrate on the anxiety which I feel has a lot to do with how I feel and I don't think I can be helped by being on this forum it is rather like googling symptoms which most with anxiety do.  I have not done this for several months.  I wish everyone well for the future and hope that the medical profession wake up to this awful condition although even if they do will take ages like everything else.  Thanks again

Carol

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi  just catching up on post. Carol  following visit to consultant he confirmed my biopsies are clear so thats a relief .

I'm in the process of cutting back my ranitidine after changing from PPI's. both of which have side affects . Agree with comments on diet from Carmel. I use goat milk .goat butter yogurt and a small amount of  goat cheese and lots of porridge bananas and fruit am . I find that keeping bread and wheat to a mimimum is helping as its slow to travel throughthe gut. Loads of veg and chicken Prawns ,occasional lean beef, are good and sweet potatoes and squash replace ordinary potatoes as full of vitamins and high in fibre. All together using these items is helping.I restrict my tea and coffee to one a day as a treat mid morning  and eat smaller portions . I am afraid I have stopped my lovely chocolate for now but hope for a small treat at xmas. If you stay strong and true to the diet it will help.difficult at times I now. Recently I had family for lunch and cooked roast chicken and veg and crumble and custard and i had a little of everthing and i was fine no reprecussions and no food after 7 pm in th evening . I think things are better because my diet has made a difference and now allows me to have occasional treats. so good luck as your find your own way Carol. Try mindfullness for your anxiety too its a great helper when things get tough. x

• Posted

Hi Thanks for your message.  I am so glad your biopsies are clear must have been a worry for you.

I agree with you that you find your own way with this condition.  

Changing my diet is helping and I think i will be better once I am off the omeprazole.  Down to 1 every other day now.  As you say if you get a diet right for you and then maybe you can have some little treats now and then without problems.  Like you I restrict my tea to 1 cup a day.  I don't like coffee but do also drink decaffeinated green tea very slightly brewed and water.  I do love bread ut I agree I think you are better with smaller amounts.  Unfortunately I don't like sweet potatoes but I don't eat the occasional roast one.  Like you I have stopped my saturday do chocolate but hope to have a little at christmas.  We went to look after our 2 year old grandson yesterday and although I was tired when I got home my stomach was much better so in my case anxiety plays abig part.  What is mindfullness for anxiety?  I am seeing a CBT councillor which I think has been helping.  I don't eat after 8pm but then I don't go to bed that early.  

• Posted

Sorry I should have checked that message before sending.  That's hurrying for you.  Hope it makes sense with missing letters etc.
  • Posted

Ask your counsellor to explain it I am sure she will explain it better than me . But its a way of focusing on things you see everyday and it takes your mind of the  health worries that depress you . Doesnt cost anything and worth learning , Also EFT tapping  again another good stategy to help with stress and anxiety.
    • Posted

Thank you I will ask my councillor but I do not seem him until early December as he is away.  
  • Posted

Hi Carol, sorry to see you leaving. I can tell you I was freaking out myself about a month ago prior to being diagnosed with AR. Since then I follow a strict diet....and feel much better, but I have also taken on a new mindset. I refuse to be scared by this or any other affliction. If it's meant to be so be it. Not trying to sound anything other than that I am not going to worry about things outside of my control. I find that since I have made this change I see things differently. I find replying or posting on this forum a way to help others and get answers. I also believe the more people we have on here posting and replying the better chance we will find a cure for AR. Like other diseases I feel like this could be caused by something we are all have in common.
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind words.  I think my anxiety for which I am seeing a councillor is a big player in this and many other conditions.  I am trying hard to overcome it but it is difficult.  Yes I think you are right in saying it could be caused by something we all have in common.  Am I right in thinking you suffer from ordinary (sorry to use that word don't mean to make light of it) or LPR/silent reflux?  I believe that I have LPR but most doctors and consultants either don't know about it or deny it exists so you have to try and help yourself.  
    • Posted

Yup I have LPR. I am glad I was not suffering from this 20 years ago it might have been diagnosed wrong.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.