my life b4 robin and roberta

Posted , 2 users are following.

Suffered from dépression for many many years, taken many prescriptions spent many hours with councillors and cbt advisors. Not much helped, i found this forum by accident And met two of thé nicest people this world has to offer, one from somewhere in england thé other half way round thé world in Canada. I may feel down again tomorrow but for today i,n blessed.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

What nice words, David. Thank you.

My understanding of depression is that it can be paralysing. Are you able to push forward, take a step or two in the right direction; towards goals...on your list! lol What would you like to accomplish/enjoy if you were feeling well? Could you move in that direction? How about kayaking? You may be near water and this may be feasible.It is easy to do and it is a real stress burner...and it is such a wonderful feeling to be out in the middle of a body of water (with a life jacket on and a lifeguard on shore).  I could list about 40 potential activities. Is there anything that COULD interest you and bring you out of your isolation? Do you have a family life?You deserve a better life, David.

Robin

• Posted

M'y darling Robin i can à d will ànswer thé questions you seek answer too yet m'y phone wont allow. I have so muxh imput that i would like to share with toi and maybe you could put it an an advantagiius way to help others, you may well be thé reason i found this site? I have so much personal expériences i know i was in someway put on this world to help, you may well be m'y conduit? X 
    • Posted

I read or heard somewhere that if you save à man/Woman you indeed save thé world? Between us, me being me and you being à teacher. What à perfect combination. Ive seen on tv about your neighbours in america and they sue for everything, keep this msg, if i divuge, write let slip anything that becomes finacial orientated i absolve myself. (Yes i watcg judge judy) ha m'y angel, if you do a dissertation whatever i am in a position to help you out. Trust .e. .y data Komitee til !4th then please ask what you will., if could give you my Email or phone num i would. You, in the short time ive known you are a diamond angel
    • Posted

I think because the accents are on your keyboard, it is hard to read your text. Can you ask the librarian to change the keyboard back to English?

Will get back to you later to see what you have written.

Robin

• Posted

Nothing to Do with librarian hun, i,m drunk, it is my fault and hope you forgive Me ,m not going in to detail, reasons etc. I Know this wont help but i ha e trurlly had enough.
    • Posted

David my heart goes out to you! I too once felt exactly how your feeling believe it or not!  The bottle is not the answer because when you wake up all the problems are still there!! Every thing returns. Alcohol  just destroys the brain. Among other things. I hope you read this when you wake up! It will make more sence when sober!!!have you ever thought of AA???xx
    • Posted

Don't be so down on yourself because you have a problem with drink. You are self medicating. If you get your prescription medications in order you should feel better without alcohol. I urge you to visit your psychiatrist to see what he can do to help. (You do see a psychiatrist, don't you?) Believe me, they understand WHY people who suffer with depression turn to the bottle. Because they need it to cope. He can help you find a medication and therapy that will be much better for you.

YOU also need to do the work; eat well, take care of yourself, join a church or social club, go to therapy, get out and meet people clean and sober. AA is a great idea that Roberta suggested. What do you think, David?

• Posted

My Watling robin? Just read what i wrote yest and i understand you thinking it maybe a language difference but to be honest i dont know what it was meant to say myself? This phone is awful. Anyhoo, the answers to your questions? Yes hun, depression can paralyse. I get to go out from time to time, take little walks, put my neighbours bins out things like that. Drugs i,m sure are beneficial to people just not me i,m afraid, my problems are many and it must be hard got my doctors to isolate and identify so they just give me drugs to relieve the stress and help me sleep which in actuality turnos me into a zombie. I have family who dont even know my phone number or where i now live, thats how i want it? No close ties, since my sister passed i want no one to be that close to me again and if death comes to any of my family i dont even want to know about it? I May be a coward but i will never be hurt like that again. Sports my darling, no hun, where i live theres nothing, my heart vous out to the kids as there is nothing for them to do? Our government doesnt invest in our children hun, well unless they are from our capital? (I have no children by the way) there is a Lake not to far from me hun but nothing special ok for fishing if into that sort of thing, i tried it once and actually caught a fish, the problem started when i had to extract the hook? How cruel a sport i thought, i was assured they Couldnt feel it. An assurance i didnt and do not believe from that day to this? So anyhoo, in short my petty life is not so much what i make it its what i have? Nightmare but true. X 
    • Posted

David your life isn't petty!!!we can work all our lives for our children give them a better life than we ever had BUT! You no what David they can turn against us ! For nothing !! Because they have made there own lives misarable!!! Please David you are a caring man please give yourself some care and find within you your own self worth!!xxxx
    • Posted

hi roberta hun, just going through these posts of which there is alot? i seem to of opened a can of worms? anyway you still make me when i look up at your picture, your words bring me comfort and your picture makes me smile, what a blessed man i am, not much else i want from life hun? after my madness of getting drunk yesterday and finally having a good nights sleep i woke up had a shower and found a new zest for life? i,m not expecting this feeling to last long but cherishing the moment while it is here. as ive said i have no computer/laptop and to educate myself i used to read anything i could lay my hands on, including the bible? anyway i dont know if it was because i slept well but a lot of things were clearer when i awoke, ive read scripts of shakespear and no idea what i was reading, yet i woke with his words ringing in my ears and they made sense? to be or not to be? what a phrase? to sleep by chance to dream what dreams may come? i went to see alan before and believe it or not the church was closed? sign of the times i suppose? my mind is so alive, i feel inspired? maybe i should take the sleping tablets i am prescribed, i dont know hun, my sleep without dreams is more of a curse than no sleep at all, anyhoo my angel, thank you for everything, your friend forever david.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.