My little book of appreciation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I've started to write down one thing a day that I'm thankful for, kind of like writing my little book of appreciation. I force myself to do that every day, because I want to make it a habit. I read someplace that it's good to do that, because when you focus on the things that are good in your life, you feel happier and when you're happier, it's easier to deal with negative thoughts. Also, whenever you need to, you can always read what you've written so far and it makes you feel appreciative and your life doesn't seem so bad. I'm wondering if anyone's ever done that before or what your opinions are on this? xx

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tink ~

Yep, done it and yes it does make one feel stronger.  We also have those who do the daily affirmations on facebook.  It's a challenge.  You give this challenge to three people and they must write 5 days 5 things they greatly appreciate.  It's all good and it's wonderful to see how many actually do follow through with this task.

Anyway, happy you've found your happy place.  Continue with your writing as you may just find out 'why you're here'   It's a good place to be.

Warm regards,

Frustrated

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Frustrated,

Thank you for your comment. I wasn't familiar with that, since I don't use facebook, but it sounds really interesting. I do agree that it's a challenge. I'm trying to find something deep, not just the ordinary daily stuff and this is my 5th day. My original plan was to do this for a year, so in the end I would have 365 different things. I wonder if I can do it or maybe I'm being overly optimistic? I guess I'll see how it goes.

Thanks and best wishes xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

yes I was told by a psychiatriust to keep a book of good things that happen.  We think they don't but writing things down helps.  I keep journals and am forever writing how I feel.  Positive but also negative.  Should only be positive things, I know. Hey ho.  We should all be thankful for so much.  I say the best things in life are free.  The trees, the birds, nature.  Pets.  So much if we think about it.  I cannot survive without my journals.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey Anne! Thanks so much for sharing this. I agree that journals are good and I think it's good to write about both positive and negative. It usually helps me to write down about negative, to let all that out, I feel better afterwards. You're so right about how much we have to be thankful for. Well said! Sending you my best wishes xx 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up