My mind has taken me away..once again.

Posted , 7 users are following.

So obviously im sat here right now with an enlarged pituitary gland.. But why. I ask myslef this every minute and the only answer i can think of is adrenal cancer. I had this fear before and then it went onto pituitary carcinomas but as soon as the scan was clear of tumours, im straight back onto the adrenal cancer which i believe there is a high chance of me having due to rapid symptoms of cushings (7 months) and my young age. Which adrenal cancer occurs in the most.

Another thing is that as its been so long since i forst started feeling ill, im now scared that it has spread to lungs.liver, spleen,kidneys as i wake up everymorning so tired even if i have sleep and im extremely achy all the time. Even my hands hurt.

I have no clue as to what i should do and my anxiety is extremely bad as all i can think about is this which is taking over my life.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, take a deep breath and do not google. Are you being treated by GP at present, if not get to see them as soon as you can. I have a lump in my throat and have convinced myself I have oesophogeul cancer, this is from googling as every stupid symptom screams cancer, my GP said she doubts it very much, I suffer with reflux and is seeing me next week to arrange some tests. I have not googled since Monday apart from this site as I was getting into such a state. Try to get up tomorrow with a smile and be positive, I have tried this week waiting for my appointment and feel sooo much better. All the best
    • Posted

Hello, my friend had a lump in her throat and wanted to clear her throat all the time.  Like you she was worried!  Turned out she had a thyroid problem and is on medication now, problem solved!!  
    • Posted

Hi youngatheart, I had exactly the same and was convinced after looking it up on google, that I had throat cancer, but I had a camera down there ( it didn't hurt ) and they said it was acid reflux and have been prescribed  omeprazole which help.
  • Posted

Hello emily

Oh! my goodness.  You are punishing yourself with so much worrying.  It;s easy to say....but see your GP.....tell him your fears.  Be honest with him/her.  If there is any suspicion of anything serious wrong with you, you will be referred accordingly.

But it honestly sounds like health anxiety.  Try to get help and support to guide you through this.  Good Luck.

• Posted

Hi, thanks for replying. I have infact been to my doctor about certain worrys. And when he explained the resukts of my mri i told him i was really worried about cancer. However he said "everything nasty there has been ruled out"

But surely i wouldnt just have an enlarged pituitary gland and then feel awful at the same time?

• Posted

Start believing the doctor, the real danger here if you health anxiety gets out of hand you may get admit to hospital to help you relax and rest

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.