My mind is going crazy.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So let me first say that i've been to london for work once again ,but in the same job after the first month i realised that i did not liked it there so i had to being stupied in order for me to survive for the next day.

So the time will fly and i will pay my obligations and go back home and that's happened after 7 months everything finished ,i stopped the job and went to this hostel was so nice i am still missing it damm..I already knew before i left that i will miss this place.

Anyways after so many months of thinking that i want to go home and relax now that i am here i cannot relax, maybe i am overthinking is my first day and is being tough for me because i lost the first flight and i had to wait for the afternoon to come and here now 4.40am and i cannot sleep....

I am having so many unwanting feelings i cannot relax that's why i am on pc,my pc it ease me down a little bit....

However there is this problem with my mind always thinking about future when a rough situation hits me,because the now is boring and i am not all that excited about it to tell you the truth, sometimes is nice when you do nice thoughts and find joy on it but when your thoughts becomes negative thinking about what i am going to do with my life, or how can i stay in london ,because i really want to and i have no skill and in order for me to develope something i might need like 2 years and i don't want that.....

I like so much london, the moment i came back to greece now , unwanted,painful thoughts, unsettled, and still my mind is there with the funny people in the hostel laughing and having fun.

So please tell me how should i live my life ? I don't know what's wrong or right and how to sleep in the night , lately i cannot sleep really well, and before i go to sleep all thoughts hitting me and i am so tense....

I don't know what to do i am just so sad i cannot wait the time to pass again and go back.

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Uprooting, whether it's after a few months or years, is a very distressing situations. Sounds you're trying to find your feet but the shoes don't fit.

Two years of education pass quickly, but the older you get.. the longer it seems.

Having a laugh is a temporary but great thing. Sadness comes when one realises that laughter is just that: temporary.

Reality catches up and first step is to break it all down into little parts..

If you see everything like a huge cloud of rain to come, all at once, you will be overflooded with these emotions.

You might already have tried this, but then do it again: Write a list WITHOUT the big issues as in 'What do I want from life' or 'Where do I belong'

Write down how you would like your day to pan out.. Such as 'I want to make my bed' 'I want to buy a new pair of shoes' 'I want to read the newspaper' 'I want to have a shower' 'I want to call a friend' 'I want to plan my dinner' 'I want to listen to some music' etc Limit yourself to no more than five items for today. Then, once you've ticked them off, you can add a couple more or just relax.

Give yourself time. When we're feeling sad; the most important thing is not fighting it. It is ok and it will not last forever. It might come back but each time it does - it gets easier to accept. It is when we fight our emotions that we feel helpless and hopeless. Emotions are there to tell us to listen to ourselves.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up