My Mirtazapine has stopped working for insomnia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

My Mirtazapine has stopped working for early morning insomnia.  I've weaned myself completely off and now have primary insomnia.  If I stop it how long before it's out of my system and if I start retaking it again will it be effective again?  

Experiencing extreme anxiety at night and half sleep for 4 or 5 hours (if I'm lucky)

Taking 3 mg of Lorazepam and Belsorma and it's not working.  This sux big time

Please advise

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I’m now 10 weeks off mirtazapine and my insomnia is at its worst I’m not sure how long or how I’m going to deal with it but I’m not going back on it 
  • Posted

This is what happened to me as well.  The drug stopped working for me after a couple weeks.  I tried increasing the dose, but the side effects became worse.  i decided to wean myself off and ultimately discontinue.  I experienced some bad insomnia for a couple weeks (along with brain zaps, twitching from discontinuation).  It's been over a month since I've discontinued Mirtazapine and the brain zaps and twitching has subsided.  My insomnia has also stabilized.  I am back to 0,5 mg at night of lorazepam, which seems to be helping.  Glad I got of the Mirtazapine, which made me a zombie during the day, even at 7.5 mg.

• Posted

Thanks.  The side effects wore off after a month or two and then I had 5 years of great sleep.   Only thing that Ever worked for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.