My operation

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi everyone

i thought I would pop on just to let you all know how things went.  I went in last Thursday by. 730am and was told that I was second on the list however when my consultant came to see me she advised that I would be first on the list and would be taken down at 9am.  The wait therefore wasn't too bad and by the time I had my obs done spoke to the consultant and anethasist and got changed they were coming to walk me down to theatre.  

I can remember waking up in recovery and looking at the clock it was 1230.  I quickly dozed back off.  I can't remember much of Thursday as I made use of the morohisne drip they gave me.

friday was really the same story I slept a lot.  The consultant came to see me and told me that the operation had gone very well and that she was shock d at th size of my fibroid which was the size of a water melon and weighed over 4lb hence all the pain I had been in.  She advised that along with my heroes and cervix my ovaries and tubes were also removed and prescribed the HRT patch which I have to change twice a week.  She explained that this would be for 6 years until I reach the age of 51. The biopsy results I will have to wait for but fingers crossed.  I had dissolvable stitches and its a very neat cut I must say I'm well impressed.

i came home yesterday evening and was totally exhausted.  I'm aching and tired but I must say that the pain isn't half as bad as I expected.  Ian still off my food a bit but I'm drinking plenty.  I've come home with tramadol as well as paracetamol and ibuprofen which I feel at the ,omens I can't go without, but I homstly feel so glad I had it done.

love 

shelley xxx

1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Well done and keep resting.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Glad all has gone well Shelley, welcome home, rest and recover now xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I just want to wish you well with your recovery. Can I just ask how many cm was your fibroid and they talk in pregnancy weeks aswell so do you do how many weeks yours was in size?

xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Shelley 

So glad things went well and you are on the road to full recovery. lol What a whopper you had.  Don't forget, take it easy and pamper yourself.

Love

Jacqui 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Shelley

So glad you are back home safe and sound😊Take things easy smd accept every offer of help you get. I am now 3 weeks post op and every Monday my friends husband makes something for my husband and I to have on Tuesday for dinner. This means I get to see my friend Pam on Tuesday as she delivers it for us and I get to spend more time with hubby after work on Tuesday as dinner is in the oven and he gets a night off from cooking too

Support from great family and friends is invaluable at this time.Take care and rest yourself Sharon x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

thanks for posting, pleased to hear you are home and on your way to recovery

take care

Judy

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up